• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New babies

I went out to check how some recently transplanted toms are doing but decided to check my cukes to see if they are following the strings - they aren't. So while trying to wrap the vines around the rope, I found these two things growing. They are babes in the field, they probably have 2-3 weeks to go before they are close to mature. But look at their size!

Gonna have some great Dill and Bread & Butter pickles this fall! There's more than 60 other blooms on the plants and they are very, very young.

630cukes.jpg

Mike

Awww how cute...:lol:.......Cucumbers are really tasty though. Yet another thing for me to want to grow eventually. I used to grow them at my parents when I lived with them years ago. I just like them sliced with a tad bit of salt on them....:drooling:

nice Mike...I decided not to grow cucs and squash this year...just no room...I sure do miss a fresh cucumber on a good garden salad...you are going to have plenty it sounds like

Omri said:
Never had any dry ones. how is it like?

Omri,

I don't know - have never tried it yet! But, I would think that once they are reconstituted they would be decent though probably now quite as crisp. Just for the heck of it, I dehydrated some cabbage and shredded carrots (cole slaw) and tried it this winter. Fairly close to the original, though not quite as crisp. But for making soups or stews, dehydrated peas, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, etc., is fantastic.

Mike

Back