food New BBQ.

Shorerider said:
Tonight's dinner. 

20150121_184200.jpg

Porterhouse steak, Lamb chops, Chicken Kebabs, Potatoes, onions and mushrooms. Served with Coleslaw and my Scarlet Pain sauce.

20150121_185029.jpg

SR.

I love that dual purpose grill

I was looking for what I would call a porterhouse in that picture but having run into name confusion before I googled to find out what porterhouse is in Aussiespeak, turns out it is strip steaks.  I will have to add that to my  ad hoc converstion  chart.   If I have this right. 
sirloin is called rump in Aus ,  silverside  in Aus is from the round whereas cuts that come from  the round  are called rump here.  What else,   corned beef in Aus can come from round/silverside instead of brisket .   I know there is more that I can't think of right now. 

I am not sure  I understand,  are you saying that  T bone means something different in Aus  than this? 

4VsW1qf.jpg

What the Boss said. I just rattled off a few names of "our" cuts of meat. Didn't know if they were the same or not.

SR.

Shorerider said:
What the Boss said. I just rattled off a few names of "our" cuts of meat. Didn't know if they were the same or not.

SR.

Nobody cares about the names of those cuts.

And screw talkin' about all that sheeit.

All we want is a date when you're going to be out of town and an address.

Because there's shitload of folks that want to steal your grill/flat grill.

Its that awesome.

True story.

If that's a Texan style of compliment, I'll take it kind sir.

Stay tuned for more "grill/flat grill" BBQ goodness.......

SR.

Happy Australia Day!!!

Porterhouse steaks, Lamb chops, Buterflied marinated chicken, hamburgers, sausages and onions & mushrooms.
20150126_171913.jpg

This was the first chicken I've done on the grill like this, and I must say that I loved how it turned out. I will be doing this again, and hopefully applying my own rub. Anyone got any good chicken rub mixtures they'd like to share? 
20150126_173129.jpg

Oh yeah!!
20150126_173122.jpg

Went back to the grill for Lamb chops after this lot.

SR.   :drunk:

BBQ for dinner tonight. T-Bone steak, sliced potatoes, onion & mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic buttered corn

20150205_174029.jpg

Steak topped off with my Scarlet Pain sauce.
20150205_174932.jpg

If you look closely at the top left corner of the plate, you'll see a ring from a glass of milk. My wife accidentally used my "Scarlet Pain" hot sauce in place of the (non spicy) "Barbie-Q" sauce I make for her. She did the mad dash to the fridge for the milk,  then was breathing like a woman in labor with severe contractions trying to cool her tongue.

Pure gold!! :rofl:

SR.

BBQ smoked Pork ribs using Apple, Cherry and Mesquite in a smoker box over one of the burners.

Pork ribs X2.
20150206_194124.jpg

Rub on.
20150206_194534.jpg

Wrapped and in the fridge overnight. 
20150206_194710.jpg

On the grill and smoking. 
20150207_163712.jpg

Finger licking good.
20150207_173519.jpg

Happy with the end result, although ribs could've been meatier and the taste could've been smokier but I'll work on that next time. Not bad for a gas grill though......

SR.

moruga welder said:
gotta love ya man ! you got it join on , mmama and i got to get there for a visit some day , as we have friends in sydney also ! great job       :onfire:
Thanks mate, I'd be more than happy to have you both over for a round of BBQ. Just make sure you visit in Feb/March so you can enjoy some fresh pods downunder.

SR.

Every grill has its good and bad points. I have several from a weber charcoal, a propane gas grill, 2 smokers and my favorite which is a Kamado grill. I use them all !!!

Shorerider said:
Thanks mate, I'd be more than happy to have you both over for a round of BBQ. Just make sure you visit in Feb/March so you can enjoy some fresh pods downunder.

SR.
gotcha my friend ! n.p. there !  agh yes fresh pods !

Back