• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

New Chile Book coming!

I heard about this one on NPR last night:

http://chasingchiles.com/?page_id=2

Gary Nabhan is one of the authors, so it should be a good book.

Old chile peppers books worth a read are "Peppers: A Story Of Hot Pursuits" by Amal Naj, "The Whole Chile Pepper Book" by Dave DeWitt, and just about anything Dave DeWitt has written. Not an old book, but I recently scored a new copy of "The Complete Chile Pepper Book" by Dave DeWitt and Paul Bosland. Gary Nabhan also talks about Chiltepins in his book "Gathering The Desert".

I just finished reading "Chasing Chiles – Hot Spots Along the Chile Trail." It is a good and interesting book. It appears that the authors are more interested in climate and other ecological changes, than any specific fascination with Chile Peppers, but they do a good job of integrating the subjects and keeping the reader informed and interested, both in Chile Peppers, and the ecological state and future of the earth.

Chapters are devoted to types of Chiles and the areas in which they are traditionally grown, with the authors visiting the locations and reporting on how climate and ecological change have affected the crop. The origins of the Chile's are discussed in good detail. The book also discusses Chile's in general and how we have domesticated them. The book also contains a number of recipes, which include the Chile's that they have researched.

It is a good read and I highly recommend it.

For those of you with Kindles or Ipads, you can get the digital edition for $9.99 at amazon.com.

Back