• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New chili heads

At the resort, some kids came to our table a few weeks ago ate a lot of out salsa. It was just mild food-lion salsa with a few ounces of Muso's Red Savina poured in, and melted velveeta. :shocked:

This weekend, they wanted to come to out site and try some more.:lol:
I fixed more of the same. Mild in 1 bowl, with Savina in the other, Mega Death in the last. They mostly loved the one with Savina, but ate a lot of the M.D. also. The 5 year old girl, after 2 scoops of Mega pushed that bowl away and said we better keep it from her!:mouthonfire: We got a good laugh. I think the oldest was about 12 and they are gonna be some serious chili-heads one day.:)

Should of been?? You mean pumped? Nah, real chili heads can handle most anything. She went back to the Savina without missing a beat. And didn't really complain about the mega bowl. ;)

I supply Defcon and other sauces at times to drum up business.
During 'Ice Cream' socials, I supply Dave's Ginger Peach and Flynn's Raspberry Habanero. Everybody loves the Ginger Peach, but those kids went through a bottle of the Raspberry by themselves. Whole family loves hot stuff. Father is allergic to bell and other mild peppers. No problems with jalapeno or habanero. Go figure.
I told them the story about the guy that came over one night and messed with the Da Bomb bottle and burned himself. Nothing serious, just the 'nether' regions, his eyes, nose, and face. You could hear his moans all over the resort. They died out after a few hours though.;) :lol: :) :lol:

Everybody loves that story!

tinner666 said:
I supply Defcon and other sauces at times to drum up business.

I do that too...I flew into Cleveland in August and brought Defcon Condition 2, CaJohn's Ace, Passow's Banana Blend, and Dave's Scotch somethingorother for the "Pig Roast." I always keep some Defcon cards in my wallet (which I'm running low on!!!). I try to promote sauces I like whenever possable. If it's good, then gosh darn it, people should try it! ;)

Back