• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New Development on 7 Pod Plant

While picking peppers yesterday I noticed a few of the flowers on one of the 7 Pods I'm growing seemed larger than previous flowers. Then today I see the pods growing from the extra large flowers aren't looking normal either. This is the second go around with this plant. It's getting fed and watered the same as it always has and the rest of the plants.

IMG_5614re-1.jpg

The pepper in the lower left seems to have Pinocchio's nose and the boy has been telling some whoppers.

IMG_5615re-1.jpg

IMG_5617re-1.jpg

IMG_5618re.jpg

The entire plant.

So, any ideas?

While picking peppers yesterday I noticed a few of the flowers on one of the 7 Pods I'm growing seemed larger than previous flowers. Then today I see the pods growing from the extra large flowers aren't looking normal either. This is the second go around with this plant. It's getting fed and watered the same as it always has and the rest of the plants.

IMG_5614re-1.jpg

The pepper in the lower left seems to have Pinocchio's nose and the boy has been telling some whoppers.

IMG_5615re-1.jpg

IMG_5617re-1.jpg

IMG_5618re.jpg

The entire plant.

So, any ideas?

That is so cool!!!! It looks like a very classic Scorpion, rather than a Seven Pod! I have all kinds of variations on all my plants this year. I'm thinking that I'll have to keep them all separated from each other as I pick them so I'll be able to remember what they are.

Great looking plant! It is obviously loving what you are doing.

Thanks PCh.

I'm wondering if this could be an indication that the seeds aren't stable? Having the second round of peppers emerging from larger flowers that are different from the first round of peppers, only thing I can think of that makes sense. To me anyway.

Hobby keeps you thinking doesn't it?

Back