• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic New easier fertilizer for hydroponics

Hi all

Ive been using flora series for all my hydro grow so far with great results! However I wish to try something that doesnt require as much work for now I use the 3part micro, grow and bloom with added cal mag. Other than that I have to adjust the ph daily.

The next thing is price, I think flora series is on the expensive side, compared to dry nutrients. I have been looking at masterblend, however it seems to be unobtainable here in Europe.

Do any of you have a preferred dry powder nutrient for hydroponics?

Ghe floramicro/floramato is a really good combo, if you want to use liquid stuff.

You might be able to get some of that Yara Ferticare hydro and Yaraliva Calcinit dry stuff too in your country, that seems to be so popular in my country.

Did you do any research about those numerous good quality hydro a+b stuff available today, that are only fraction of the price of that 3 part floramicro series?

It should be pretty easy to handle that hydro a+b stuff, that you use equal parts from two containers.

Chilidude said:
Did you do any research about those numerous good quality hydro a+b stuff available today, that are only fraction of the price of that 3 part floramicro series?

It should be pretty easy to handle that hydro a+b stuff, that you use equal parts from two containers.

Yea I have looked at some brands, and also from the GHE, the flora nova series. However I don't know if the 2parts will make it that much easier tbh. I pretty much wanted to see if I could change my liquid nutrients to a powder form like masterblend, a one part so to speak, or at least a more ph stable nutrient. I'll try to lookup the ones you mentioned in your last post :)

Mildfruit said:

Yea I have looked at some brands, and also from the GHE, the flora nova series. However I don't know if the 2parts will make it that much easier tbh. I pretty much wanted to see if I could change my liquid nutrients to a powder form like masterblend, a one part so to speak, or at least a more ph stable nutrient. I'll try to lookup the ones you mentioned in your last post :)

Mixing two equal parts makes it sound pretty easy to me and then the usual ph checking. Floramicro/floramato is good stuff, but it has the usual well known brand mark to increase the price.

How about you also check out the one part Hesi hydro bloom, B'cuzz hydro a+b or perhaps Gold label hydro a+b stuff, all of those are pretty cheap compared to any of the Ghe stuff.

Gold label hydro a+b have that pretty interesting sounding npk value of 6-2-8.

Back