• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New From CT

GrumpyBear said:
since you won't be growing enough peppers to last until the end of days like AJ

:(...just for that I am adding another 72........:lol:

Got an empty chamber in the germinator...baby nagas on top shelf and bottom shelf is empty...actually have room to start 4 more 72 cell flats...

Dont worry about those high electric rates woozy,,by the time you get next months bill,you will be able to blame it on a rate increase,,,seems like there one every few months in CT anyway...I,am not far away from ya..im down in wallingford.And these guys are all givin ya good advice,,,,a couple of shop lights and you will be all set. A small fan turned on periodically too will help keep the seedlings sturdy

gi im matthew i work with sunnyborder in conneticut we grow plants all year and i grow a lot of peppers you can start any time inside they will grow kind of slow inside unless you have the proper lighting but it can be done here i grow clover peppers hanoi market peppers india pc1 peppers bhut jolokia pepper dati peppers rainforest peppers trinidad scorpion peppers congo peppers antillies carribean peppers and 3 kinds of my own peppers outside i make my own soil in a 10bt 20 foot bed i use 5 3,8 cufic foot bail of peat moss 5 3.8 cubic feet bags of perlite a half of pallot of sand and a half of pallot of cow manure 2 20 pound bags of agricultural grade lime mix it it the soil here and plant your peppers and when it grow youll have one of the best pepper beds you ever did see thats the same way i grow all my plants you will be suprised how everything grows.matthew

Hi Tite,
I too am from CT.....near the Ma border.....and I've had good and bad luck growing from seed and planting.
The lights will work along with natural light. And love them....I did find that my cat liked messing with them too.
Check out my link....and stay hot!

:whistle: I don't know how I have missed this thread since the 11th, but Welcome Tite from Ohio. I drive thru your "neck of the woods" about once a year. How far are you from Hartford? And, I use the shoplight method and haven't seen any huge increase in my electric bill.

Paul

Hi Tite. I'm from Northern New York and I'm starting mine this weekend. You're going to be able to set your plants out before me so maybe you'll be alright. If you can find a spot to transition them (like a garage or outbuilding) it might buy you some time. Good luck to you.

Back