• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

NEW GARDEN

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you think it ran you to build your raised garden? I might go out and do some pricing on materials this weekend but Im kind of curious to get a ball park number to work with. Also how many 2X6 boards do you think you used for a garden of this size?

thanks for your help.

I think it was around $600 including everything except the stones. Those I re-used.

Muskymojo. I have raised beds almost exactly the same as yours. Yours look fantastic, but I have to make a suggestion after learning something the hard way. Before it is too late, I would suggest you line the inside walls with some kind of waterproof barrier. I also used cedar boards on my first cedar raised garden that ran the whole length of the side of my house. After about 6 or 7 years i noticed the bottom of the boards were starting to show rot. Even though I resealed the outer boards every few years, the whole project rotted from the inside after about 8 years. I removed and replaced it last summer and this time used sheet metal saved from when I had vinyl siding put on my house. All my cedar gardens now have a water barrier and will last a lot longer. You want that gorgeous garden to last forever.

Thanks, I might do something like that in the future, but probably not this year. I used treated wood instead of cedar also. Both are good options, but I read that treated wood lasts longer when in direct contact with soil.

I think it was around $600 including everything except the stones. Those I re-used.

Thanks, I might do something like that in the future, but probably not this year. I used treated wood instead of cedar also. Both are good options, but I read that treated wood lasts longer when in direct contact with soil.

OOps, sorry. The outer boards looked like cedar to me. The only boards that survived my above mentioned raised bed were the treated posts.

Well Muskymojo I got the plants sitting in their boxes getting some of this gray day light, which I dont think will burn them since its not so intense. The look like little babies in a nursery...lol My wife was giving me a hard time this morning because I had to check on them before I left for work...lol I cant wait to see what comes of these lil balls of fire.

Thanks again for your donation

Back