• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse New Greenhouse

Well last year I built an outdoor greenhouse that works well. However, I live in Ohio so I have to start really late out there. So, this year I built a small indoor greenhouse out of a 4 level stand I bought at walmart. It is working well but I quickly ran out of room. Tonight I spent some cash at Lowes and bought some supplies and built a really cool 8' long x 2' wide by 4' tall indoor greenhouse in the basement. I am still installing lights but will be finished tomorrow. Very reflective on the inside and with the addition of a heat lamp, I have the temp right at 85 degrees. I may put a thermostat and relay inside to turn the heat lamp on and off so I can maintain an exact temperature. As soon as I am done tomorrow, I will post some pics :)

Cool .... you'll be pickin peppers before ya know it !
thumbsup22.gif

Here are a few pics:

100_2271.jpg

100_2268.jpg

100_2273.jpg

100_2279.jpg

100_2275.jpg

100_2276.jpg

100_2277.jpg

The temperature was with the plastic open....basement is cold. With plastic closed..it stays right at 82 degrees.
By the way, I know it is off topic, but ordered seeds from Trade Wind Fruits for the first time. The germination time and rate is unreal. I would highly recommend them.

Nice! Now where do i begin,

Top and sidelights, check.

Reflective surfaces, check.

Climate and temp control, check.

Out of the way from the rest of the house, check.

Good germination, goblins and a PC nearby, check.

Congrats and good luck with the new setup.

I used tin foil for my wrap arounds. Yours looks much better lol. What is it called? I never though about side lights. Are they all 6500K lights? Well done!

I used tin foil for my wrap arounds. Yours looks much better lol. What is it called? I never though about side lights. Are they all 6500K lights? Well done!

I got it at lowes. I was actually gonna use the 4x8 sheets but found this stuff in a roll. It was like $25 for a 24" x 25' so it worked perfect. its in a bag next to all the insulation. Worked out well and rolled it one piece so as to not to leave any gaps.
The sidelights were left over grow lamps I have. Was actually an after thought but seems to be working well.

I debated on the type of top lights. I have read on here to get like 5k or above but after talking to a few other people, I decided to use actual plant lights. I think they are like 2500 x 4 bulbs. Bought them at lowes also ($10 a piece OUCH)
I have never really gotten concrete information as to which type of light to use. The opinions seem to be all over the place. So far, the plants seem to like them. I had just grow lights before (the side lights) and most of my plants were leaning..looking for light. In just a few hours, all the plants are standing straight up and down so they must have found something they like! :)

After reading a lot of opinions, I chose the GE Plant and Aquarium bulbs. My decision was based on another guys experiment.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/fluorescent.html

Back