New guy from Michigan

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt, and I'm from Michigan. I'm hoping to become a new hot-pepper gardener next season. I know pretty much nothing except what I've managed to research over the past week or so, so I'm still a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I love hot peppers, but I'm still new to most of the more exotic flavors; I don't even know the names of the peppers I've tried! So, I'm on here hoping to learn from those who are more experienced, and potentially be ready for my first growing season come next summer! (or sooner if that's possible... you can see my thread about that here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/39122-bioponic-system/)

Anyway, this seems like a great community, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

- GreenAroundTheEdges

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Welcome!
What do ya mean next season? It's time to plant now Michigan.
No reason to wait until next year.... Get ya some plants and stick em in the dirt!!

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!

What do ya mean next season? It's time to plant now Michigan.

Hops is right - get planting and growing!

Well, shoot, haha. I thought I already had to have the seeds germinated and well on there way to being ready to transplant outdoors. Like I said, I don't know much. ;) Okay, I'll give it a shot. That said... what would be some good peppers for a noob like me to start with? Also, since I won't have time to set up my greenhouse or bioponics system, can anyone point me in the right direction of what I should do to care for them? (So many questions!) Thanks! =)

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt, and I'm from Michigan. I'm hoping to become a new hot-pepper gardener next season. I know pretty much nothing except what I've managed to research over the past week or so, so I'm still a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I love hot peppers, but I'm still new to most of the more exotic flavors; I don't even know the names of the peppers I've tried! So, I'm on here hoping to learn from those who are more experienced, and potentially be ready for my first growing season come next summer! (or sooner if that's possible... you can see my thread about that here: http://thehotpepper....ioponic-system/)

Anyway, this seems like a great community, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

- GreenAroundTheEdges

:welcome: from the U.P. of Michigan, sir! Feel free to shoot me a private message for any gardening tips for peppers here in good ol' MI, I've been doing it here for 3 years now, and have learned a bit from the folks here on THP. It's a fine community you're joining!

Welcome from France !

You can start with any peppers you like I guess. You might not start with wild species, because they are more "complicated" I think (It's like going out with an Italian girl for a first date ...).

Thanks again, everyone, for the warm welcome.

Just as an update, I planted some seeds last Friday (red habaneros and mustard habaneros), and a few of them have started to sprout! =)
I also started some fatalii seeds on Tuesday... unfortunately, I didn't plan ahead very well, and I planted them in the same container as the red and mustard habaneros. Now I'm not sure if I should leave the lid mostly sealed for the extra humidity to help the fatalii or if I should ditch the lid and focus on the red and mustard sprouts. Oh well, I'm just happy that something actually sprouted.

Even if I don't pull this off, I'm glad you guys told me to give it a shot!

-G.A.T.E.

Reactions: PHB
Back