New here from Northern California

So I have been wanting to grow some peppers for quite a while now but never got around to it.  I ordered some Trinidad Scorpion seeds and I germinated them in December and I had them growing window side since then.  They are about 7 inches but no very leafy and the leafs are small.  I have transplanted them outside but some of them look really light green and the seedling leaves are turning yellow.  I will take pictures of them tomorrow and post them.  I would really like some help with these to get a good harvest.  I also picked up 4 ghost pepper plants from my local HD and I have some Jamaican Hot Chocolate seeds coming.  I know it might be a little late to try to germinate those but Ill give it a shot.  Once I post the pics can you guys tell me if they look healthy.  Thanks in advance 

:dance: Who da fug is this, all up in my hood???  :dance:

:welcome:  To THP from the other side of the hill!!! Quit buying seeds, I'll hook you up neighbor. Let me know what you are looking for.

Where did you get the Trini scorp seeds. I ask cause your description doesn't sound like a scorpion, it should have big leaves. Lately our season has been going into the first week of December, so you still have time to start stuff.

Hey, neighbor and neighbor!  Hello from the bay area.  While trying to germinate seeds from PepperLover and trades, I just picked up a Habanero and Ghost from OSH today for some instant gratification.  Cheating feels great!   :)   

Aerial said:
Hey, neighbor and neighbor!  Hello from the bay area.  While trying to germinate seeds from PepperLover and trades, I just picked up a Habanero and Ghost from OSH today for some instant gratification.  Cheating feels great!   :)   

Welcome to you too, Aerial. Are you in the northbay too?

Do you start your peppers indoor like most?  I wonder since it's already so hot in CA can I direct sow my seeds in full sun as of now?

Yea I pretty much start everything indoors. Unless we are talking about some bulletproof mexican types like fresno and serrano I think you will have better luck germinating them indoors still, and transferring sprouts to partial sun. I'm not saying it cant be done mind you, I just think its easier to manage moisture levels and temperatures indoors. Also partial sun would be better than full sun for sowing, with our weather it would be easy to cook em in full sun.

Aerial said:
hogleg, I'm in Sunnyvale.  Do you start your peppers indoor like most?  I wonder since it's already so hot in CA can I direct sow my seeds in full sun as of now?
What strains are you planning on growing?

Great advice hogleg! No wonder my seedlings are doing poorly. Not to hijack this thread, I'll send you pm for further questions. :)

LA 2 The Bay, this is an awesome community. Looking forward to more of your posts!  Happy gardening. 

Thanks for the awesome welcome guys. Thanks for the offer hogleg. Ill take you up on it I'm looking for something packing heat and awesome flavor. I have to have spice with all my meals except cereal. I'll post pics of my plants asap. I covered them today because of the rain and I think they might be over watered. If your comfortable pm your # and I'll shoot you a text so I can buy some stuff off you. Thanks guys seem like a real awesome forum.

:welcome: TO  T.H.P. !     i got tons of hot chocolate jam. hab. seeds ,  butch t's , reaps , scorps, etc. one thing you will notice first on here is this is one big sharing family ! made up from people around the world , you'll find peace and tranquility and much more . so when you get sick of hearing all the negatives on the radio , papers , local and world news just come here where you'll find serenity !  we aren't at odds with each other like some of the crazies out there !      :onfire:

LA 2 the Bay said:
Thanks for the awesome welcome guys. Thanks for the offer hogleg. Ill take you up on it I'm looking for something packing heat and awesome flavor. I have to have spice with all my meals except cereal. I'll post pics of my plants asap. I covered them today because of the rain and I think they might be over watered. If your comfortable pm your # and I'll shoot you a text so I can buy some stuff off you. Thanks guys seem like a real awesome forum.

Cool. I could hook you up with some superhot powder that should keep you busy til pods start coming in too. I'm not in bizzness, so what I share will be free of charge. Trades and gifts are always welcome though, but no cash. Also don't go by my trade list for seeds. I have 60-70 types not listed there. Just mention what you are interested in, there is a good chance I have It, thanks to other Generous members of THP.

Do you have a list of what you have...really nice your close by
Bubblegum 7
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Aji Pineapple
and a nice serrano I really like sauteed serrano and onions on my bacon wrapped hotdogs

Im interested in these

Back