new member to the chili world

Welcome to THP from the UK. I'm having problems germinating a few of my chilli varieties, in my case I'm blaming it on the seeds though ;) I've bought seeds off e-bay twice, a while ago now. In one batch the seeds looked so old and crumbly and didn't germinate. I won't know about the other lot until they're bigger. I wouldn't buy off there again, but it's all trial and error. Good luck. RB

hey all yeah definitely gonna use the heat source next time and check out the sub forum, have you guys grow those chocolate habaneros before?. i watched a guy on youtube eat a whole one he didnt look to good after and for like 20 min after still feelin the burn haha

ebays a few and far between scenario, chileman sells on ebay from time to time and terra tide and time does too and they're both reputable but the number of terrible sellers far outway the good guys. also the lousy ones sell all the time while those two i mentioned at least sell periodically so i'm guessing they only sell seed from the most recent harvest.
btw welcome, i'm just a ways down the 401 from you.

GrumpyBear said:
ebays a few and far between scenario, chileman sells on ebay from time to time and terra tide and time does too and they're both reputable but the number of terrible sellers far outway the good guys. also the lousy ones sell all the time while those two i mentioned at least sell periodically so i'm guessing they only sell seed from the most recent harvest.
btw welcome, i'm just a ways down the 401 from you.

I agree, I got some Yellow Datil seeds from a guy who only grows Datils out of Florida on ebay. The germination was really good. So ebay is a time to time thing.

cool guys warm welcome hahaha thats cool man never knew ontario was such a hot place happy growing all

Welcome snydro,

yeah I got seeds last year from 'Edenhendry Seeds' on ebay and they were great.

I wouldn't buy off ebay again but i was lucky the first time :).

I know mates that couldn't get any seeds to germinate from ebay sellers.

i got my seeds from green thumb seed's off ebay so far i just planted 6 of the 10 seeds in a water bottle thats been cut in half and in regular potting soil put under a 120w normal lamp light took some heat measurments and holds good at about 30-32c i got it on 24h so it keeps heat a new thing i tried was put a zip-lock bags around so it gets some humidity build up planted them 2 nights ago hope it all works out

Back