• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Pics

Available at Albertsons in New Mexico $15 30lbs bags! Picked up two bags!

HatchChile017.jpg

HatchChile013.jpg

PepperDaddler said:
What is that thing?

You man the round thing ?? -- that would be a Chili roaster -- they have them at pretty much all the stores in the area that sell the Hatch peppers during this part of the season - You buy the bag of Chili in the store and take them outside and they dump them in the roaster and roast them for you if you don't want to do it at home on the grill

Just bought a few today. 68 cents a pound in Houston. I sifted through the pile to find some red ones, and of course I got the green too. Going on the grill tomorrow then straight into some burger patties! I love those things. Already made a batch of white chili last week when the first delivery showed up at the local store.

The majority of the cost is the shipping -- Here one store has them for $15.99 for a 30 lb. sack and another has them for 2 pounds for $0.99 ($14.85 for 30 lbs.) and they both roast them for you for free if you want. (must say thy smell great when walking past the roaster and it probably gets a bunch more people buying them !!) 

Yeah, I lived in Roswell for a while and I got totally hooked on the NuMex peppers. I was so happy when they started selling them this far east. 68c is the cheapest I have seen, most stores have them for 99c or way more if you get them roasted. It's 10 and a half hours to Roswell and maybe another 4 or 5 to Hatch, that's a lot of gasoline.

P.S. The burgers were awesome  :dance:

Back