• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat New official hottest pepper in the world??

Read the ad carefully. It's a company trying to cash in on selling seeds.

I am not sure I can trust that Warwick University to test the pepper or not. The last time, they test Naga Morich at 1.6 Million about 1.5 hotter than Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, even Scorpion. I go to the Warwick University and try to search for it but I found no information of the testing. Are they growing the pepper and test or they received the pods for testing that is 2 different cases right there. The pod is just like Trinidad Scorpion Morouga to me. Can anyone out there can search that Warwick University has any information about there test. I would like to have that link.

i thought law enforcement grade pepper spray was 5M Scovilles.

i guess this infinity trash would look uglier had there been more white space between it and the top of the scale.

Read the ad carefully. It's a company trying to cash in on selling seeds.

Nope as Woody doesn't have any seeds to sell, he handed out all the seeds to fire foods forum members to grow out this season.
I would have them myself if it wasn't for some sort of virus earlier in the season.
There is a chilefoundry vid of darth naga eating one

Here it is!!!!!!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&hl=en-GB&xl=xl_blazer&v=BeybNL80g6s

I only thought after the last post that I better go find it!!

Dunno if it is the hottest but it may be, in the end we all like a new strain to grow, I'd rather go with the infinity than the black naga.

I've got 3 infinity seeds for next season just hope I avoids viruses!

infinity is probably a naga or 7pod cross. thats what it looks like in the videos.i'm sure the uk doesn't want NMSU to get a hold of it and disprove there claim. anyway , how much hotter do we need to go? over a million is pretty painful!

infinity is probably a naga or 7pod cross. thats what it looks like in the videos.i'm sure the uk doesn't want NMSU to get a hold of it and disprove there claim. anyway , how much hotter do we need to go? over a million is pretty painful!

afaik that thing isn't stabilized.
f1s can be ridiculously hot, if the precedent set by this thing and crosses like the madballz 7 hold true.

I believe its a scorpion x 7pod cross from what I remember hearing
NMSU would likely take 5+ years to prove anything since they don't just test 1 individual hot pod, they grow out plants for many generations and pick random pods with a mix of all parts of the chile for testing. The guiness record SHU could have definitely been a lot higher with the bhut if these procedures were not taken to keep things standardized and scientific. I seriously doubt that this "infinity" chile went through any of these procedures

Start to look into this I see there is something wrong. These growers grow their owner pepper and sent the sample to Warwick University for testing. It is not the same result if the Warwick University is growing with the peppers and using that pepper to test. The grower could stress out the plant and it could make the pepper pod hotter. Warwick University is very disappointed to allow this kind of testing. Hope Warwick University needs to get their act together stop confusing all chile pepper around world. It is already confusing enough. Here is other links claiming the hottest pepper from Warwick University testing.

http://www.chilefoundry.co.uk/2010/04/02/here-comes-the-gibraltar-naga-well-spanish/

Nope as Woody doesn't have any seeds to sell, he handed out all the seeds to fire foods forum members to grow out this season.
I would have them myself if it wasn't for some sort of virus earlier in the season.
There is a chilefoundry vid of darth naga eating one

From the article: "They hope to market the seeds this year."

Back