New pepper grower from New England area

Hey everyone! I just discovered these forums and I can't wait to learn what everyone's been doing with their peppers! I have over 40 pepper plants in the ground as of now and I've been pinching buds and topped most of my pepper plants so far. I am thinking I will continue to pinch till 6/20 (summer solstice). I am hoping that I will have a much better harvest this year than 2019 season. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Little_Yeti said:
Hey everyone! I just discovered these forums and I can't wait to learn what everyone's been doing with their peppers! I have over 40 pepper plants in the ground as of now and I've been pinching buds and topped most of my pepper plants so far. I am thinking I will continue to pinch till 6/20 (summer solstice). I am hoping that I will have a much better harvest this year than 2019 season. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Howdy from The Cow Hampshire border in the Merrimack River Valley! Where are you located?

If you have any questions post them here & I'll see if I can help!

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest, Yeti!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Howdy from The Cow Hampshire border in the Merrimack River Valley! Where are you located?

If you have any questions post them here & I'll see if I can help!

Hey there! Im in Manchester NH. This is my second season growing here, this year I have 40 pepper plants going in the ground. I have a few questions for you since you know how short our season is... do you top your peppers? If so, how many times and when do you stop topping? Also do you pinch early flower buds? If so, when do you stop pinching?

Little_Yeti said:
Hey there! Im in Manchester NH. This is my second season growing here, this year I have 40 pepper plants going in the ground. I have a few questions for you since you know how short our season is... do you top your peppers? If so, how many times and when do you stop topping? Also do you pinch early flower buds? If so, when do you stop pinching?

Howdy Neighbor!

I'm not one for topping especially repeatedly as you've asked above. Topping has been a constant debate here and I did one comparison which you can read about by clicking here.>  NECM 2018 Topped & Not Topped Glog

I'd also suggest you read Simple Search Helpful Hints then insert topping in the growing forums.

Back