• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake New Pepper Powder

Experimenting today with a new pepper powder...Pecan smoked 'Mustard Gas'. :)  I have a big mix of Mustard Habs, 7 Pot Evergreen, TS Mustard, Mustard Bhuts, Olive Jolokia, and many other green/mustard types.  Can't wait to see how this one comes out!!  I'm reviving Chocolate Thunder too..

Chris

sounds good there chris definatly let us know how it turned out i does sound quite good, i bet the color is interesting too

thanks your friend Joe

Sounds real good Chris. I just ordered my, oops I mean my wife's WSG30 Spice Grinder for X-mas today. Can't wait to play more with all the different powders when it gets here.

Chris they sound really tasty,  the sassafrass should lend a nice rootbeer flavor to it. never tried smoking my peppers that I've dried maybe next year I will give it a try.

Looks tasty!

Sidenote: Isn't sassafras quite toxic? I've read that is why they quit using it in Rootbeer concoctions. Supposed to be a carcinogenic??

Hells Bells, I've read various thoughts on it.  I read it's based on the concentration and use.  No worries as none of the Sassafrass smoked stuff will go anywhere but here. :)

cmpman1974 said:
Hells Bells, I've read various thoughts on it.  I read it's based on the concentration and use.  No worries as none of the Sassafrass smoked stuff will go anywhere but here. :)
Ah, I see...

How does it taste? Does it add a lot of flavor?

They still sell sassafrass tea and sassafrass sodypop, so it can't be all that bad used in small amounts, i drink a small amount of the tea in the spring to thin my blood and kick out other bad toxins. I can't say about using it to smoke food with, but my dad used it along with apple wood to smoke hams and sausage when I was a kid. I do know if you use it for firewood you better be ready to close down the hamper as it burns like crazy hot.

Finally done!!  It took a lot of time/effort, but happy I got it done. :)  Here's what I made (outside of the Sassafrass smoked ones).  The Urfa powder smells incredible. 

Red Super Hot Mix Non-Smoked
Chinense Frenzy - Red Non-Smoked
Chocolate Thunder Non-Smoked
Reaper Dust Non-Smoked
Chinense Frenzy - Orange/Yellow Non-Smoked
Mustard Gas Non-Smoked
Tiger Bite Non-Smoked
Queen Laurie x Yellow Bhut Non-Smoked
Urfa Biber Non-Smoked
7 Pot Orange Mix Non-Smoked
White Out (C. chin mix) Non-Smoked
Yellow Bhut Jolokia Non-Smoked
Pimenta de Neyde Non-Smoked
Goat Pepper - Bahamas Non-Smoked
Tobasco Non-Smoked

Mustard Gas Pecan Smoked
Caramel Hellfire Mix Pecan Smoked

Chris

Handsome list of powders, Chris!

I see you grow Queen Laurie.  How do you like them?  Tell me a bit about them, please.

They are on my grow list for next season.  Smokemaster sent me seed earlier this summer.  They sound inviting from what I've read but I've never tasted them.

Back