• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

new small plants flowering already

Hey guys i have some very small plants ( 6inches high ) which are starting to flower already , they are immature plants to say the least . What do i do next in regards to the flowers ( its the first time its happened to me also ) ...do i pick them off and hope for regrowth later on ? , will these produce pods and then fruit again later in the season ? or is it just nature preparing the plants for later in growing season ?

thanks you guys

rudeboy :)

You can let them grow or pick them. I usually pinch flowers when the plants are that small. It tells the plant it's not time to flower yet so let's use the energy to grow. If you leave them they may turn into peppers but it may also stunt the growth of the plants.

Got to make you happy though, your doing things right if your babies want to start making peppers for you. Congrats.

Could be a sign of stress on the plants - make sure they aren't rootbound. Nothing to worry about though. I would just remove the flowers.

Back