smokers New Smoker

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
:woohoo:
Got my cheap-ish horizontal smoker assembled and modded up. Sealed all the air holes with fire-rated sealant. I'll post better pix when I do the first run! I got the DEAL on this thing too. Got it on sale, plus used a coupon, plus got a partial refund due to a minor ding from shipping. A steal! For now, it's just what I need. I may mod it out a little more later (smokestack to grate, charcoal basket, fire-tape the lids, etc.) but want to see how it performs first.

Attachments

• horizontalsmoker.jpg
    horizontalsmoker.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 181
very very nice:onfire:

cant wait for the Q pics

looks like your cooker already has a good thermometer on it.. you may not have to do that mod

Sweet, I have one just like it that I never got to use very much. Have fun man. I totally had the same ideas to seal it up too. Good job.

Yup, I am very happy with the quality for the price. It may be awhile before que pix, but they will be coming!

I want to build one, any suggetsions, tips ? Here in OZ they are rare and expensive, so I figure I will make one and you guys could help !
THP you sound like you know your stuff !

thehotpepper.com said:
Yup, I am very happy with the quality for the price. It may be awhile before que pix, but they will be coming!

I'll give ya $50 for it...;) Good deal THP. I too can't wait for the pics.

chilliman said:
I want to build one, any suggetsions, tips ? Here in OZ they are rare and expensive, so I figure I will make one and you guys could help !
THP you sound like you know your stuff !

what kind are you looking to build and how much do you want to spend? i think i have had this conversation with someone else from your part of the world..lol

check out this thread

and then google..ugly drum smoker...i am going to be building another one very soon

Looks great THP......Can't wait for the pics.

I'm getting all my gear together to build a UDS.......

I just got a complete 'as new' webber kettle BBQ for $20 and all the parts will be getting used on the 44 gallon drum I got from work....

I still have to burn out the drum!!!!!! and design a fire basket???????

But i'm getting there.....

moyboy said:
Looks great THP......Can't wait for the pics.

I'm getting all my gear together to build a UDS.......

I just got a complete 'as new' webber kettle BBQ for $20 and all the parts will be getting used on the 44 gallon drum I got from work....

I still have to burn out the drum!!!!!! and design a fire basket???????

But i'm getting there.....

heres an easy firebasket... find some sort of charcoal ash catch to put under it, put some bolts,nuts and washers on it for legs and you have this

2wgci8g.jpg

good for you THP....sounds like you are ready to rumble in some throwdowns...

This is not my Fu on the Que, but I had to season the grill, as in, spray it with cooking oil and fire it up, so I couldn't let those coals go to waste, so I did some killer BBQ wings and corn.

Wings: Rubbed with VooDoo Ash, sauced at the end with Grumpy's Black Label.
Corn: Oil and VooDoo Ash.

Oh, by the way, very impressed by the grill. Barely any smoke leakage when closed, most all comes from the chimney. Score!

Attachments

• breakinginbbq.jpg
    breakinginbbq.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 146
  • breakinginbbq2.jpg
    breakinginbbq2.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 161
BamsBBQ said:
heres an easy firebasket... find some sort of charcoal ash catch to put under it, put some bolts,nuts and washers on it for legs and you have this

2wgci8g.jpg

THAT IS GOLD ! - easy and cheap ! I will use that if you dont mind!
And its next weekend i will put it together ! Im getting ahead of my self brothers not up til then !

I am excited ! Like when I built my first carcass spit !

go ahead and use it. it is also useful in the side fire box smokers, you just have to scale it to size
chilliman said:
THAT IS GOLD ! - easy and cheap ! I will use that if you dont mind!
And its next weekend i will put it together ! Im getting ahead of my self brothers not up til then !

I am excited ! Like when I built my first carcass spit !

Great looking smoker! I have spent a lot of time one one like that when I lived in Texas. Only difference was the one I was using had an extra vertical smoker attached to it.

Thanks! I enjoyed breaking it in.

thehotpepper.com said:
This is not my Fu on the Que, but I had to season the grill, as in, spray it with cooking oil and fire it up, so I couldn't let those coals go to waste, so I did some killer BBQ wings and corn.

Wings: Rubbed with VooDoo Ash, sauced at the end with Grumpy's Black Label.
Corn: Oil and VooDoo Ash.

Oh, by the way, very impressed by the grill. Barely any smoke leakage when closed, most all comes from the chimney. Score!

Looks bloody great THP.......Its morning tea here and I'm bloody starving now...:lol:

And think, the food is only going to get better once the smoker ready settles down....

Back