• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking New Smokers

The rib rack is just a way to keep the ribs upright so you can get more on the smoker at once. It doesn't change the way the meat cooks or the time it cooks.

Not sure if you made your purchase yet, but I would personally not recommend the Bradley electric smoker if it is the kind with the self feeding hopper. 2 buddies of mine have them and they spend a small fortune on those specialty bradley brand discs that you need to use. the hopper feeds them and they smoulder for 15-20 minutes and then are dropped into a dish of water, supposedly to prevent sour smoke. So you end up with 1/8 of a disk burnt and 7/8 of said disk in a bowl of water inside the smoker. At $20 for 20 discs, the costs add up rather quick. I also find the meat tastes inferior to a charcoal smoke. just my 2 cents

Absolutely love my Xmas present to myself, 18.5" WSM. Dinked around with two other cheap smokers before deciding to drop the dime for this one. Should have done this five years ago. Does pork butt to perfection with very little tending. Q not coming out right can no longer be blamed on the smoker. Running it unmodified currently, but am considering adding this temp. controller.

http://pitmasteriq.com/

Back