• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

New starts for today

Hi all!

Just started a batch of seeds for next year, thought I would get a head start because of the climate here in sweden!

6 different peppers and a "Touch me not" (Mimosa Pudica) as a bonus seed from an online shop.

From left to right upper row:

Mimosa Pudica x5
Numex Centennial x6
Aji Cristal x6
Satans Kiss x6

Lower row:

Dorset Naga x6
Golden Cayenne x6
Chocolate Dorset Naga x6

The temp is 86 degrees fahrenheit so I hope they will thrive!

If that is your only grow light, it does not look like it is enough for best results. At the least I would put mirrored mylar side panels around the tray to reflect back as much light as possible.

I have two of them 23w cfl's, they are the reflecting type that is used in photo studios, 6400k. I also have two T5 tubes higher up, reddish and blueish in color, so I hope they are enough.

I also salvaged a sheet of reflecting material from a first aid kit, is that mylar? I thought I would put it on the walls after they sprout.

^ Yes I was referring to the emergency thermal blankets commonly found in first aid kits or sold separately. They are a bit on the thin side, many will do better with a double layer as a significant % of light will pass through all but the very thick ones, or placed on white cardboard panels, but do reflect enough light to make a noticeable difference even with only one layer thickness. If one blanket isn't enough material you can often find a ten pack on sale at Amazon.com for around $10 delivered which is far more than you will need. For that matter with a small setup you could just tape or rubber cement some aluminum foil to cardboard.

Back