New to growing peppers

Noah Yates said:

From babies to thriving adults!!!

Yeeeeeaah buddy! Someday when my wife and I own our own house, I'm'a'gonna make my basement look just like that! Is that brown and white specimen in your third pic a C. pubescens? (It looks really hairy.) How close to the lights do you keep it? What nutes do you give it to keep it that healthy? 

I've been looking at pepper growing threads WAAAY too much today…  :rolleyes:

Which "brown one" are you refering to? ;^)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! rofl... thats our wonderful sheltie, Bambi, mother of several litters of pups and the love of my life.

Peep my gallery for some more photos her and her three children that we kept!

As far as nutrients go... also check out my grow log, where i just recently showed how I make one kind of worm tea using my worm farms... worm castings are almost a comprehensive nutrient source if the worms are fed properly and with a diverse diet.

I'll get back to you on the lights... those ballasts can support mutiple bulbs... and im not sure which ones I bought last year.

I should also note that I only elevated the lights to that extent very late, after the plants had already grown into the lights... you want to keep your flourescent lights (if that is what you are using) fairly close to your plants.  Those shots that include the picture with bambi were taken only a month before I began to harden them off (the hardening off stage is depicted in the 6th picture.

dash 2 said:
     No glue. Just friction and willpower.  :shh:

Just remember the golden rule of this site… "Pics, or it didn't happen". We all wanna see happy seedlings bathing in fluoro light in the near future! Make it so.

OKGrowin said:
yeah you can use cool white too if price is a big deal.

A lot cheaper price per unit if you buy larger than pack of 1 or 2.

20140209_150758_zps917ef3d9.jpg

20140209_152553_zps99485053.jpg

Thanks for all the help everyone, this is the setup i ended up with.  Planting the rest next week and will add more pics when they are going.

Back