• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting New (to me) lights

I scored 4 4ft by 21/2ft 4 bulb T5 HO 54 watt fixtures for $150! Just 48 hours on my plants and they have taken off !! I am so stoked. They were old warehouse fixtures. The bulbs are rated 4100 Kelvins shoul I change them to 5000-6000 kelvin bulbs?? Was gonna post a pic but not sure how to do it?

I scored 4 4ft by 21/2ft 4 bulb T5 HO 54 watt fixtures for $150! Just 48 hours on my plants and they have taken off !! I am so stoked. They were old warehouse fixtures. The bulbs are rated 4100 Kelvins shoul I change them to 5000-6000 kelvin bulbs?? Was gonna post a pic but not sure how to do it?

Sweet! How old are your plants? Mine are 2 weeks old and have true leaves. To upload a pic you need photobucket. then copy and paste it on your post

I have a total of 10 plants started at different times they are all products of different experiments i.e. germination, soil, etc. In Feb gonna be starting about 300or more plants do these were trial runs but couldn't bring myself to toss em or give em away. They were stuck not growing under the T12's I had but just 48 hours under these T5's and BOOM new growth on every plant and the leaves are wider it is truly amazing .. I am SO stoked!! My germination attempts were very poor so this is a real blessing. I use a smart phone not sure we can do photobucket? Will have to research it lol. Do you know anything about kelvins? What are you growing and how many?

Megahot how long should my lights be on?? I've been doing 16/8 but was told it should be 12/12.
What is ideal ?

I think it's fine. Metal halides are around 4000K anyways. I don't think it would make much of a difference if you switched.

You will find on the forum that this range is wide among members. It goes from 16/8 to 20/4. I think that you reach a point to where the benefit is marginalized, thus expending energy for minimum gains. The 16/8 has worked well for me and I see no reason to change it anytime soon.

if you replace the bulbs you need to buy 16 of them?

what cost each?

sounds like you could spend $160 or so more
without enough info about what you got already
you probably should wait and see
rather than spend as much as possible

maybe buy 2 or three and see if you can get any improvement over what you got now

i love mad scientist experiments too :scared:

They're not that bad if you look in the right places. I bought a case of 50 last year for not much over $100.00 to have as spares.

I have a total of 10 plants started at different times they are all products of different experiments i.e. germination, soil, etc. In Feb gonna be starting about 300or more plants do these were trial runs but couldn't bring myself to toss em or give em away. They were stuck not growing under the T12's I had but just 48 hours under these T5's and BOOM new growth on every plant and the leaves are wider it is truly amazing .. I am SO stoked!! My germination attempts were very poor so this is a real blessing. I use a smart phone not sure we can do photobucket? Will have to research it lol. Do you know anything about kelvins? What are you growing and how many?

Megahot how long should my lights be on?? I've been doing 16/8 but was told it should be 12/12.
What is ideal ?

Using your smart phone send the pic/s to your email, then from your email upload it to your photo bucket on your pc assuming you have a pc. If not you might still be able to do it the same way on your smart phone. Hope that helps and makes sense

Using your smart phone send the pic/s to your email, then from your email upload it to your photo bucket on your pc assuming you have a pc. If not you might still be able to do it the same way on your smart phone. Hope that helps and makes sense

For the first week i hit my babies with 24/7 lights, then I reduced it to 16hrs for another 3 weeks, then 12 hrs after that

How do I get the pics from photobucket to the thread?

Open new browser tab/window.
>Login to photobucket
>Move to your cursor to the wanted photo
>Copy/Click "Direct Link"

Now in your "Reply to this topic" box, click on the photo icon, and paste the link.

Back