• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New To Peppers

I'm new to peppers. Although I grew up in Louisiana, and eat hot sauce, I have little experience with hot peppers. I was wondering if there's a place to identify peppers with a picture. I have two neighbors who have peppers growing in their gardens and they didn't plant them. Must have been birds. They may be ornamental. I just want to find out. Also, I have the peppers I like to eat but I don't have the tree. I could also provide a picture of this. It looks like a cayenne and is about 3 to 4 inches. Any help would be appreciated. I do know that I'm not ready for Ghost Peppers!

Gary

Hey mate......The chileman is a great database of chillis....

Or put the pics up on here and ask people to identify them...:)

Good to have you here

garyledet said:
Thank you guys. I appreciate the welcome. Trying to figure out how to post an image.

Gary

To post an image here, you need to have an accout with a photo storage server such as photobucket then link your photos back to this site using the

Welcome to the site and you picked a great forum to learn from. Just this last summer was my first grow season of anything, not just peppers. So take it from someone else who is a novice like you, this is an amazing place to learn everything you would want to know about peppers. Just in the last year I have learned much much more then I ever thought. Now I have a long way to go yet but all the resources you need will be here and if they aren't someone here will point you to where they are.

Good luck and welcome again.

Back