New to the forum.......

Hey folks,

New to the forum but not exactly new to peppers. I started with Texas Pete about fifty years ago. Use it every day, since. No, it's not hot......but the vinegar. It just goes with everything.
Currently living in Colorado.....intense sun. I have a handful of peppers in grow bags, which I have never used before and have a few questions for those that have. Perhaps someone will tell me where to post. I'm not much of a gardener, in fact if it grows I can probably ruin it.

Anyway, glad to be here,
Best to all.

CE3 said:
Hey folks,

New to the forum but not exactly new to peppers. I started with Texas Pete about fifty years ago. Use it every day, since. No, it's not hot......but the vinegar. It just goes with everything.
Currently living in Colorado.....intense sun. I have a handful of peppers in grow bags, which I have never used before and have a few questions for those that have. Perhaps someone will tell me where to post. I'm not much of a gardener, in fact if it grows I can probably ruin it.

Anyway, glad to be here,
Best to all.

FFMZ9PR.gif

Growing issues click here.>Growing Hot Peppers

I do recommend you look through Simple Search Helpful Hints before starting...

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the hospitality folks.

I'll take a look at the archives for some grow bag info......

Thanks, S.H.

My questions are very basic and are probably covered in the links you provided. If not, I'll search further before I litter the forum with redundant questions.

Thanks again.....

CE3 said:
Thanks, S.H.

My questions are very basic and are probably covered in the links you provided. If not, I'll search further before I litter the forum with redundant questions.

Thanks again.....

Please, ask away! Often redundant questions are seen by newer members and a different  light is shined on the subject. One has to keep an open mind as there are always changes, advances and improvements as technology marches forward! 

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Please, ask away! Often redundant questions are seen by newer members and a different  light is shined on the subject. One has to keep an open mind as there are always changes, advances and improvements as technology marches forward! 

Hey, NECM.......

Thanks for the invite......

I see folks flooding their peppers in grow bags every couple of days presumably on the assumption it will dry out....evap off. My bags did not come with instructions...ha, ha. Is this accepted practice ? Makes me nervous. I always thought hot peppers liked to be stressed a little, minor wilting, before water. Are trays beneath a good idea, to allow some wicking ? I'm trying to grow a reaper and some habaneros with a few thai hots.
Incidentally, I'm in zone 6A, north east Colorado.....very intense sun. Have the guys under a bit of shade cloth for the afternoons.

Thanks again for any input, apologies for not having a more interesting inquiry......I'll get there.

:welcome: From the Pacific NorthWest!

CE3 said:
Hey, NECM.......

Thanks for the invite......

I see folks flooding their peppers in grow bags every couple of days presumably on the assumption it will dry out....evap off. My bags did not come with instructions...ha, ha. Is this accepted practice ? Makes me nervous. I always thought hot peppers liked to be stressed a little, minor wilting, before water. Are trays beneath a good idea, to allow some wicking ? I'm trying to grow a reaper and some habaneros with a few thai hots.
Incidentally, I'm in zone 6A, north east Colorado.....very intense sun. Have the guys under a bit of shade cloth for the afternoons.

Thanks again for any input, apologies for not having a more interesting inquiry......I'll get there.
Addressing above...

1.) I see folks flooding their peppers in grow bags every couple of days presumably on the assumption it will dry out....evap off. My bags did not come with instructions...ha, ha. Is this accepted practice ?

By see do you mean visually or read in a post/article somewhere?

2) I always thought hot peppers liked to be stressed a little, minor wilting, before water.

There are varied thoughts on this, for Scientific articles, click here.>Scientific Observations of Environmental Stress on Pepper Varieties

3.)  Are trays beneath a good idea, to allow some wicking ?

I would say "depends"... There is a Perched Water Table   that would influence my response, see below....

PnhHC.jpg

Back