• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New weight loss pill???

I have been reading a few news articles here and there about capsaicin being effective for weight loss. The heat produced after eating capsaicin uses more energy which in turn burns more calories or fat. I'm into being cheap and doing things for myself so I get sudden idea. what would happen if you take powdered hot peppers, like the Bhut Jolokia, and put it in a gelcap? I found gelcap's and a little machine that would load your ingredient into the gelcap at a local health nut store. I don't know, it was just a thought. Nothing I will ever attempt but I thought I would throw it out there and see what came back.

Later,

I don't know about the peppers you mentioned, but I have heard of folks making Cayenne pills. In fact I think (not sure) but I think you might even be able to find them in health food stores.

Capsaicin on its own will do nothing to help you lose weight. It's benefits lie in conjunction with a low fat, low carb diet rich in veggies and fruits and a liberal dose of daily exercise. That is exactly the diet I am on currently. I've lost nearly 20 pounds over the last 6 weeks. Right now I'm about 176 pounds today. My BP as of yesterday was 111/78. Not bad for 51 years old.

Capsaicin on its own will do nothing to help you lose weight. It's benefits lie in conjunction with a low fat, low carb diet rich in veggies and fruits and a liberal dose of daily exercise. That is exactly the diet I am on currently. I've lost nearly 20 pounds over the last 6 weeks. Right now I'm about 176 pounds today. My BP as of yesterday was 111/78. Not bad for 51 years old.

Braggart :rofl:

j/k

congratulations, that is something to be proud of.

A diet high in plant foods works well. I lost over 100 pounds on it. And in the 5+ years since my accident I am pleased that I that I have not gained it all back!

But right now I want steak and pork chops.

Much obliged ya'll. mrs. blues has been very supportive and a big help. GFI has indeed a good idea with the gel caps. Combine the capsaicin with garlic and fish oil and you just might have a mega supplement!

That's fantastic! And 51 is not old but it is older than I am:) .

Back