• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

New Years Eve

I have always considered NYE amateur night, along with St. Patrick's day and Halloween. Prefer to stay home with good food, drinks and a loved one. Anyone else spending the end of the year cooking?

I am making use of the second half of the Christmas brisket with chili. No beans, no tomatoes, just beef, homemade chili powder, onions, chilies and Rogue Chocolate Porter.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There's a lot more loss using brisket instead of chuck. I hate to throw all the fat away but not sure what I would use rendered beef fat for. Save or throw?

Going to get started after the Rose Parade in full southern tradition. Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, Buttermilk Cornbread, Collard Greens and Black Eyed Peas will have us set up for good luck and money for this new year

I did a scallop soup.
Sweet Potatoes cooked in PC then blitzed with Veg stock so its still thick, then add carrots Broccoli, Yellow Habs, Smoked Paprika , seasoning. Was going to add Gouda but it was already rich from the potatoes. Was awesome, scallops nice and tender. I always cook scallopes in soup on low, keeps them moist and tender :)

PC317250_ScallopSweetPotSoup-1000_zpsetj2nyub.jpg

Back