• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Newbie grower, stunted peppers after broad mites

Hi guys!
Im new here, its my first post. Also new to growing peppers - thats my first season (hopefully of many to come).
I'd first give some details:
- i have 2 habanero & one yellow chilli that i grew from seeds. They perform well so far.
- there are other 11 plants that i got at 23rd of Apr. from local place.
After few days, i realised some of those 11 plants were infected with something.
Here are photos from the 23rd when i got em:

After asking around, i realised it's broad mites. I managed to get Abmactin only in 1 week and for that week i decided to go with a temporary weak solution that i saw on youtube - mixed dish soap with olive oil, water and 5% acid. I sprayed it on them. Most of their leaves dropped.
I was sad, at the weekend i got the abmactin and sprayed it as well. It seemed like the infestation has ended.
I also chopped some parts with bad leaves.
Since then i grew them inside under a 24w grow lamp, they were stunted. They all were in 0.5L pots. I ordered bigger pots (6.5L and 11L) and also checked their roots and chopped them. One had root locked, the rest were almost locked but not.
This is them now:

Yesterday i transplanted all of them into the bigger pots.
First question- i saw some threads regarding broad mites, i wonder if future pods will be damaged?

Second - why do they have this curled leaves?

Third- this plant doesnt grow at all. I chopped some of its roots while transplanting yesterday. Any idea why? Also the color of the stem of the leaves is becoming brown a bit:

Last edited:
Continuing (20photos per post argh)

Brown color:

Fourth- this one has the biggest broad mites infestation (and maybe something else?). It hasnt grown. I trimmed two of its stems few days ago, and yesterday trimmed its top. It is gonna die? Its completely stunted. 0 growth for long time. It was also root locked until 1 week ago.

(There are photos of it from 1m ago up^^)

Fifth - this one never grew its leaves again after the soap mix killed them. Since then it tried to make flowers. I think its stressed. Sometimes i pinched the flowers. Its leaves are also too curly in my opinion. What do you think about it?

Sixth - again curly leaves. What should i do about it? This one actually grows but slowly.

Seventh - this one grows nicely. I'm worried that its rounded malformed leaves are result of the broad mites and this cannot be fixed. What do you think?

Regarding the soil- its a ready to use garden mix with all the good stuff. I added 8% vermiculite and 8% perlite to it.
Watering regime - i made a full flush (until water comes out) 4-5 days ago. Except that not much watering.
Never fed them with any kind of fertilizer/nutes.
I watered like 1.5L for all of them during mixing the soil and since then no watering (2 days). Its about 25-27c degrees here during the day. Cant tell about humidity but quite humid.
I tried to be as informative as i can to avoid missing information. Lets hope the images would work...

Thanks in advance. I highly appreciate in advance any help. Wish you all great day without those suckers - broad mites... !

Last edited:
Back