• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Newbie Grower

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for some time so this is my first post :)

I have recently bought 20 X Trinidad Scorpion Moruga seeds and plan to grow them indoors (its not warm here) under artifical lighting in soil. As I have not grown peppers before I have a few queries:

Would florescent lighting be adaquate for indoor growing or should I go down the road of MH and HPS?

For vegetive growth how many hours a day would be suitable?

When they are ready to flower, how many hours a day of light should they receive?

Thank you for any assistance, I couldnt find much information elsewhere and I know this is the right place to ask for advice :)

Paul.

Look no further, you are in the right place.

Welcome to THP.                                                                         From St. Aug.

13_1AJ0j.jpg

You are going to need a ridiculous amount of light to grow all those its nearly impossible to grow that many indoors unless you have a ton of money.
Welcome

Thats okay, I anticipated that anyway. Would I be best with MH and HPS or are there other options?

Thanks for the welcomes!

i agree i am growing indoors with hydro three massive plants and i wish i had only grown one [i killed one] becasue they take up alot of space and require alot of energy to run i know that by looking at my electricity bill. im using a 150 watt HPS and a couple cfls under the plants and i still feel like buying another 150watt HPS. dont get ambitious grow 1 to 2 plants because they get massive which means more light unless you plan on moving them outside after winter.

and keep the pepper on a 18 hour cycle throughout growth and flower also how many plants are you planing on growing? 

and go with HID, HPS, or LED. if you buy a led DO NOT buy a cheap one. you can also just buy alot of cfls and make a grow light just plug them into a power strip

Thanks a lot newpeppergrower1105, just what I needed to know :)

After your comment that they get massive I am thinking about how many to grow now, I will need to have a serious think about that.

Thanks again.

Back