• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review "NEWKS" Hot Sauce Review

"NEWKS" recently started a thread in the Promotion subforum here, looking for volunteers to review some sauce, so I gladly jumped on the opportunity and definitely was not disappointed :)

Sauce came in the mail today, and here's what I came up with:

IMG_9532.JPG

IMG_9533.JPG

IMG_9534.JPG

Aroma: Excellent. I'm smelling a slight bit vinegar and lime, definitely smell the C. Chinense peppers, and other things that I'm having a hard time differentiating individually. Very, very nice aroma though, and no one ingredient overpowers another; they're all "competing to be the front runner."

Consistency: "Medium thick" is how I'd describe it, and that's exactly how I like my hot sauces. This one is pretty smooth, although I can see a few "rogue" seeds in there, along with some tiny red flecks that I'm assuming are the peppers. While it's in my mouth, I can feel more chunks of ingredients that weren't visible to the naked eye (possibly more seeds?).

Taste: (full teaspoon) Very (pleasantly) tangy, sweet, and a little onion upfront, with a little kick of lime on the back end. Definitely a pepper forward sauce, which isn't surprising, because there are 3 different types of peppers in here (4, if you count the Trinidad Scorpion powder). This one's a little tough to describe because the ingredients are melded together very nicely, and it's not a "choppy" sauce, where the flavors come on in rough waves. Taste follows the aroma; no one ingredient (besides the peppers) overpowers another too much.

Heat: Instantaneous. I'm talking super fast! Really "grips" the tongue and wants to clamp down. I've got a little bit of salivating going on, and 30 seconds in, I've got a few beads of sweat on the verge of forming on my forehead, but they never actually culminate. Burn in the back of the throat and esophagus dissipate fairly quickly, but this tongue burn doesn't quit for a while! I think that's from the Reapers (or Scorpion powder) in there; feels like someone slapped my tongue HARD with a sheet of sandpaper (in a good way! if that's a "thing") :rofl: Definitely won't kill you though. I had a glass of milk on standby, but didn't end up needing it. On my own personal scale, I'd probably give it about 6.5 (maybe 7) out of 10, and probably 9 out of 10 for a non-chilehead.

Overall: I liked this sauce quite a bit, and would definitely recommend it to other people. Nicely executed It might seem odd, but I'm dying to try this stuff on a turkey club sandwich. I don't know why, but that was the very first thing that came to mind. I think it'd go very, very well with poultry (grilled chicken especially!), but definitely wouldn't limit its use to just that. I wouldn't hesitate to slather it on a burger either. It'd probably be killer, mixed with mayonnaise, on a ham sandwich too. A nice dipping sauce for tortilla chips, if you can handle the raw heat. I can see myself blowing through this bottle pretty quickly. Hell, I ended up having 7 or 8 teaspoons, just for this review, haha :party: I'm still eating it as I'm typing this ;)

https://m.facebook.com/NewksHotSauce/

https://www.instagram.com/newks_hot_sauce/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewksHotSauce

Thanks again for the opportunity, Newks! You make a great product. Wishing you the best of luck in your new venture!
:cheers:

Back