event Next Defcon Event?

I will be flying down to Florida this week for Defcon business, then I fly to Dallas for my annual 24-hour visit to Zest Fest, fly back next Friday, and then Saturday, September 8th is our most fun event of the year.

The Hillsborough Fire Dept, "No Fire, Just Smoke" BBQ Cookoff. Defcon is proud to be the only vendor allowed back every year, and I will be cooking up roughly 250 pounds of wings for the event. It goes on all afternoon, and there is PLENTY of great slow-cooked food available. In back of the firehouse they have a softball field, the pro-smoker dudes all show up about 4:30-5am and they line them up around the perimeter of the softball field. If you haven't been to this, you'll have a lot of fun!
Hillsborough Fire Dept, 324 Woods Road, Hillsborough, NJ

The event after that is the following Sunday, September 16 at Toro Loco in South Orange, NJ (100 yards from NJ Transit on the Morris/Essex Line). This one has become an annual event as well, and we packed the friggin' house last year (there was acutally a line waiting to get in). There will be a Deathmatch at this venue. The usual FREE Defcon wings from 1-5, raffles, prizes, etc. Toro Loco, 23 Valley Street, South Orange, NJ, 973-761-1515.

There are more events, those are just the next couple.

I wish I would have thought of this earlier, but college football games would be a great way to get publicity. You got Rutgers in your backyard, State College has one of more active tailgating crowds (not to mention largest) and Maryland aren't too far away. Virginia Tech is within a day as well (hint hint :))

You also got several pro football cities nearby as well (E. Rutherford/NY, Philly, Baltamore, Washington, Foxboro).

what part of florida you heading to? or did you already go. last question: is it for an event? or just kinda business dealings that don't involve guests and eating? :lol:

Well, tomorrow is set for a Defcon Day at Toro Loco in South Orange, NJ. Last time we did this location, it was absolute chaos. One block from the South Orange train station (on the Morris/Essex Line). There will be a Deathmatch, which always makes the day worth waking up for. Come on down! 23 Valley Street, South Orange, NJ.

Back