• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Next Year's Grow... Summer 2013. Updated and need more advice

I'm pretty limited in space like you. My suggestion if you will grow only 10 plants is avoid to grow too much superhots. You will end up with many more superhot pods than you need (some little slices is more than enough to spice up your meals). Try different varieties/flavors at different heat levels.

Good luck and have fun

Datil

I'm pretty limited in space like you. My suggestion if you will grow only 10 plants is avoid to grow too much superhots. You will end up with many more superhot pods than you need (some little slices is more than enough to spice up your meals). Try different varieties/flavors at different heat levels.

+1 but I would add that if you are that limited on space, grow ones that you can't readilly buy fresh at the grocery store. Tobasco, bird peppers, cayannes all have decent heat and good flavor and aren't available at most grocery stores.

+1 but I would add that if you are that limited on space, grow ones that you can't readilly buy fresh at the grocery store. Tobasco, bird peppers, cayannes all have decent heat and good flavor and aren't available at most grocery stores.

Good point. I am always looking for unique peppers rather than the most flavorful. Sauga pepper I am in Brampton Ontario and always have an abundance of extra plants come planting time. Message me if you need any in the spring. Im planting approx 20 different varieties.

Mike,

Thanks for the offer! I wish my wife would allow me to grow more in the garden but she needs room for her veggies too. Good to see someone else growing peppers so close!

I'm starting in about a month for next summer.

Take care,
Conor

Back