• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

nice~ - Côte d'Azur growing 2020

Started the year exactly on New Year's Day with 5 each of the following seeds:
  • Cappuccino scotch bonnet
  • Espelette
  • Faria
  • Hot amish finger
  • MOA scotch bonnet
  • Red habanero
  • Red rocoto
  • Sugar rush peach
Good germination rate with at least 4 of each  :), except the rocotos for which unfortunately none germinated :( . Picked the best two of each, planted in rock wool cubes and put under LED lights.

Didn't get around to taking any pics of the seedlings, but ...

The situation as of 25 April 2020. This year I splurged some on autopots for one balcony. Back then there was still regular work travel and some form of auto watering system was needed for the summer months.

(And yes - they're too close to each other but I have limited room. So an experiment in upwards not outwards hopefully.)

Cappuccino scotch and Faria:

cappucino-scotch-1-20200425-1.jpg

faria-20200425-1.jpg

Red habanero and MOA scotch bonnet:

red-habanero-1-20200425-1.jpg

moa-scotch-1-20200425-1.jpg

nice.chili said:
The situation as of 25 April 2020. This year I splurged some on autopots for one balcony. Back then there was still regular work travel and some form of auto watering system was needed for the summer months.

(And yes - they're too close to each other but I have limited room. So an experiment in upwards not outwards hopefully.)

Cappuccino scotch and Faria:

cappucino-scotch-1-20200425-1.jpg

faria-20200425-1.jpg

red-habanero-1-20200425-1.jpg

moa-scotch-1-20200425-1.jpg
Wow, Colin! Very nice!!!!! Your plants are sturdy!
I've been hoping to see you around. I just harvested my first Espelette that I grew from your seeds.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73486-bhuter-1920-shrug/?p=1693090

I chose the wrong cage. Lol.

Excited to try it!
Thanks again!
-Adam

Bhuter said:
Wow, Colin! Very nice!!!!! Your plants are sturdy!
I've been hoping to see you around. I just harvested my first Espelette that I grew from your seeds.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73486-bhuter-1920-shrug/?p=1693090

I chose the wrong cage. Lol.

Excited to try it!
Thanks again!
-Adam

Hey Bhuter, good to see that the seeds took! The plants do indeed grow tall if they're let to do so.
(When you see them in the fields in south-west France they certainly look like there's some active management going on.) 

Meanwhile the other plants went out on the other balcony, on 30 April 2020.

Espelette and Sugar rush peach:

espelette-1-20200430-1.jpg

sugar-rush-peach-20200430-1.jpg

Hot amish finger:

hot-amish-finger-1-20200430-1.jpg

No photo of the other Espelette, but similar to the one above.

There were also the second plants for each variety, at least those which looked promising. It was a little crowded out there for a bit ... 

Fast forward to current (01 August) - first balcony:

Cappuccino scotch bonnet and Faria:

cappucino-scotch-1-20200801-1.jpg

faria-20200801-1.jpg

red-habanero-1-20200801-1.jpg

moa-scotch-2-20200801-1.jpg

Line-up pictures :P  Actually I pulled them in from outside to finish off their trellises.

Approx. 3.5-4 feet tall from top of pot. The MOA scotch bonnet originally in the autopot didn't end up doing very well, this one is the back-up transplanted.

Back