• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Nightcrawlers 2016

Well I've started germing my seeds for this year, definitely ramping it up from last year's boring orange hab, Serrano, red jalapeno, baby bells.

It's still quite a ways off from going into the ground up here in Maine, but I've got them going on a heat mat, and when they pop I'll put them under some led grow lights that I use for all my early veg.

Hold over plants from last year:

5x orange hab (still producing pods)
2x Serrano
3x jalapeno
Pic of the habs, the rest are kinda boring right now, shells of their former selves.
1027151310a_HDR_Hagrid-1_zpsa2zc3tfn.jpg

Started germ on Feb-08

From baker creek heirlooms

Bhut jolokia x5

Trinidad Scorpion x5

started germ on Feb-11

From butch t

CPR x5
Brazilian moruga x5
Carolina reaper x10
Chocolate moruga brain x4
0211161249_zpsua67dd9w.jpg

started germ on Feb-13
From pepperlover/judy

Jonah's yellow brain (PL) x6
White-Peach (PL) x8
Peach 7 Pod (PL) x5
Ají Calabaza (PL) x10
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (Yellow) x9(damaged seeds)

Peach Bhut Jolokia x5
Trinidad 7 Pod white x5
Hot beads x5
Cumra cherry x5
0212161055a_Hagrid_zpsbd17hl0i.jpg

started germ feb 19
From mpicante (thank you again!)

MOA scotch bonnet x5
MOA scotch bonnet red x5

I'm germing on damp coffee filters inside of Ziploc bags, on a heat mat.

I'll be updating this as things progress, I'll be selectively keeping plants, also will be gifting a few to family to care for as the season progresses.

I'm in zone 5a.

Any input on the peppers as I go would be appreciated.

This one isn't nearly as healthy as the ones I killed yesterday, and it looks like he lost a fight, and he's yellow not green. It seems to be 2 plants they're enjoying, my potted aji callabaza and the potted peach 7pod right next to each other. I've never seen these creatures up here, does anyone know of any non chemical way to rid myself of them?
0630161248-1-1_zpskis6z3dm.jpg

Not sure what the bugs are that you are asking about. But azamax will take care of the problem with one application @ 1oz per gallon. It's listed for organic production. Cheers

FreeportBum said:
Not sure what the bugs are that you are asking about. But azamax will take care of the problem with one application @ 1oz per gallon. It's listed for organic production. Cheers

Rock on thank you! I haven't seen any since the few I squashed, and I haven't seen any further damage so I'm hoping I got them all. But I'll definitely be adding azamax to my list,

So I'm finally starting to see pods on many of my plants. The mystery plant is still very much that but I've ruled out bhut and 7pod. I actually was thinking it was a 7 pod originally because it was growing at the same rate and the plant looked very similar.

Peach 7pod

0723161208_HDR-1_Hagrid_zpsionjkcg5.jpg

0723161208a_HDR_Hagrid_zps68lwfxf0.jpg

Mystery pepper:

0723161210_HDR-1_Hagrid_zpsx84khiie.jpg

0723161209_HDR_Hagrid_zpsdxmft3l4.jpg

The mystery pepper plants pods are starting to get big enough to start identifying it.

0731161325_HDR_Hagrid-1-1_zpswo7ztxzd.jpg

Everything I know makes me want to say bonnet...

0731161325a_HDR_Hagrid-1_zpsqyp7noa0.jpg

0731161325b_HDR_Hagrid-1_zpskpdl6f5b.jpg

But then there's this guy...

0731161325c_HDR_Hagrid-1_zps77kru1oi.jpg

Sorry I missed the focus on that one. I still want to say bonnet, because I did put quite a few of those in, but that last pod being so different from the rest...

The hot beads are looking bright!

0731161326_HDR_Hagrid_zpsycb1xeyu.jpg

And the white peach(pl) sure is an odd fellow, I've got 4 of them over 4 feet tall, slow producers though.

0731161327_HDR_Hagrid_zpssces8evl.jpg

Candlelight, or lamplight I don't recall I'd have to look.

0731161324a_HDR_Hagrid_zpsr2ostfpg.jpg

Back