• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Nightshades Grow(New wilds)

In vegas if you have a greenhouse you can keep stuff going for a while so I am starting my grow right now don't mistake it as we don't have winter because we do quite cold actually snows a couple times a year sometimes hails. Anyways it is time to get this thing rolling I will bring you along through the heartbreak and struggles also through the success. About 99% of my grow will be wilds so it should be quite interesting some of this is full grown others need to be sowed. Well here's the list more will be added as they come to me. Will upload some pictures tomorrow raining and dark right now

WILDS:
Capsicum Flexuosum
Capsicum Flexuosum (S2)
Capsicum Tovarii
Capsicum Cardenasii (true)
Capsicum Galapagoense
Capsicum Parvifolium
Capsicum Rhomboideum
Capsicum chacoense
Rocopica
Guampinha De Veado
Chiltepin Amarillo
Chiltepin Sonoran
Chiltepin nursery plant
Chiltepin El guapo brand
Chiltepin "pima bajo"
Chiltepin "desert gatherings brand"
Pequin
St Lucia Birdseye
Cumari Pollux
Pointed praetermissum
BGH 460
Cap 501
Cap 691
Cap 1144
Cap 215
Cap 539
Cap 1530
CGN 19198
CGN 21502
CGN 24332
CGN 22795
CGN 22794
CGN 20800
CGN 20812
CGN 24360
CGN 22869
CGN 22792
CGN 20510
More will be added

Superhots:
Yellow scorpion
Yellow moruga scorpion
Brown moruga scorpion
Carolina reaper
Fatalii gourmet jigsaw
7pot evergreen
7pot bubblegum
7pot lava
Sepia serpent
Boogeyman f2
Infinity
Jay's red ghost scorpion
SBJ7
A couple selective breeding projects
Others will be added

Others:
Capsicum pubescens "Locoto"
Capsicum pubescens "Canario"
Capsicum pubescens "Ecuadorian red rocoto"
Capsicum pubescens "Vallarta market Dino pods"
Capsicum Pubescens "Rocoto mini brown"
Capsicum Pubescens "Turbo pube"
Capsicum Pubescens "Big apple"
PI 224444
Jalabanero
Black cobra
Brazilian starfish
Bishops hat
Purple jalapeño
CGN 22184
CGN 21500
Others will be added

Tomatoes:
Wild Galapagos
Manx marvel
Black Krim
Large cherry
Macedonian tomato
Slovenian black tomato
Irish tomato
Cuban black
Black seaman
Ethiopian black
Mrs maxwells pink
Polar tomato
Watermelon beefsteak
Bulgarian tomato
Spoon Tomato
Red currant sweet pea
Others will be added

Bonsai projects:
Goji Berry
Miracle fruit

Melons:
Muskmelon Cucumis melo var. reticulatus
Kiwano melon

Cucumbers:
Lemon cucumber
Marketmore
Pickling
Straight eight

Okra:
Clemson Spineless

Nigel said:
That`s quite a list of very cool varieties!!!
Yea I'm quite sure I missed a few but it is a pretty decent list most of the will eventually end up bonsaied and kept for a few years other will be replaced and some will be added

I will try to make this one fairly exciting will try to post as much as possible for you guys . I have got a pretty good amount of pictures and plans of how everything will be happening this grow pssht who needs seasons. Will post the plans and everything tomorrow morning and pictures around mida day sowing begins at around 12

okay to get this thing rolling here is the plan each variety will be started with 1 seed per cell in the seed starter, I will be using peat moss and mycos to start them keeping the temp around 85 once sprouted the sprouts will be separated into divisions X Y Z, X being the most important section this will be used for extremely rare or difficult wilds or pubescens. Y being used for rare supers and Z for seed stock or culinary use peppers.
they will grow through 3 pot ups and some will go through a pot down.
extremely rare wilds pubescens and supers will become bonchis for seed stock purposes once they have completed the final pot up stage.
the stages of pot ups will small cup to 1gal and then 3 or 5 gal.
everything happens by division label for example division X plants will be potted up the fastest to increase the speed of growth so they can reach the bonchi stage fastest so they can be inside during the hottest part of summer producing.
each species will be well documented and the information shared here. if there are certain aspects of the plant you would like documented more please let me know this will help better my grow log for you guys.

here are a couple pics of the "nursery plant" chiltepin flower it has multiple flowers
IMG_20131121_111628_zps995fe9dc.jpg

66858017-8e5e-491b-9121-82dc141735a9_zpsc087f730.jpg

just finished sowing the ones that will be bonsaied for sure. it was tough work but it should pay off in the end leaving the last few spots for cuttings
a394c65a-aad4-474c-a036-2b5cb11a11ee_zps96a949ae.jpg

also can any of you tell me how to edit the name of the grow log to add progress

Where'd you get your C. Flexuosum and Parvifolium seeds from? Alsokeep in mind that Flexuosum plants will not pollinate themselves or with anything else, you will have to have 2 plants to get fruit. In case you didn't know.

Capsicum flexousum is not self incompatible it sometimes has a tendency to be sterile but I have heard of self pollinating flex. I can send you some parvifolium seeds if you would like to send me an sasbe or we can trade

Very cool, I guess well be 2 wildheads in Vegas. I just sowed some of mine. My list is very similar to yours ;).

That tepin "El Guapo", should be the Sonoran tepin. My cousin sows seed from those and she sells them as she has a small nursery. The tepin that I have I got from her and I believe it's a Sonoran tepin.

I have a question. Are the seeds from the CGN 21502 brown? Is that normal?

Following your glog, hope to see updates often.

-Walt

21502 can have darker seeds but not totally brown. I can get a pic of how mine look. Very cool should a couple rare varieties in a couple months. Whats your list like? how many plants?

Back