nightshade's written reviews

name: moruga brown

heat: like swallowing a hot coal. the heat moved around quite a bit immediately punching me in the throat then coming towards the front of the mouth. it only attacked the front right of the mouth only no left. it was a very explosive heat almost puked trying to swallow it but held it down. I really enjoyed the heat of the pepper once it mellowed down it is a very comfortable burn excepts for the lips. this is definitely nowhere near meant for poppers.

flavor: very good flavor while it lasted. it was smokey almost like beef jerky and I got small hint of grass type flavor. really enjoyable

applications: would be great for a really spicy jerky, sauce, or heat additive.

worth growing: the moment I locked eyes on this baby I knew I was growing it. I love the shape and color this has made the cut for worth growing. the flavor really drove this one home on the worth growing thought.

personal thoughts:This pepper is an absolute beauty it is an awesome pepper to photograph. I really enjoy the color, size, and shape of this pepper. it is a decent sized pepper. I can upload more photos showing size if you guys would like.

IMG_3763_zps0e28ab7c.jpg

name: butch t Trinidad scorpion

heat: very mean heat attacked the throat and felt like I drop a grenade in my stomach threw up within ten minutes of eating. I understand what endorphin rush means now. not hotter than moruga brown just meaner.

flavor: horrific flavor tasted very metallic hard swallowing because it was so bad.

applications: I wouldn't use this for anything besides adding heat

worth growing: very cool pepper and very uniform shapes and sizes. so I would think this one is worth growing

personal thoughts: from the sample of peppers I got this variety does not show a lot of variance in shape.

IMAG0435_zpsdb64c337.jpg

thank you for reading and I will have more reviews coming tomorrow morning was going to review tonight but that butch t tore my stomach up. great job butch taylor and judy at pepperlover.com for creating awesome peppers. props to you butch taylor for making a terribly mean pep. props to you judy for making a very hot and enjoyable pepper. thank you to nigel for this experience and box of peppers.
anyone who would want me to review their peppers, sauces, powders, salsa, etc. hit me up with a pm.
hopefully I will have many more to review in the future. I will posting them all in this thread

Butch Ts are downright HOT. Not my favourite for flavor, though. And they do a real number on my stomach. Not as bad a Reapers, but bad.

Stay tuned for two cool reviews tonight and I made Brown moruga tacos today excellent the brown is top 3 favorite pepper

name: mystery yellow capsicum pubescens ( possibly PI 387838)

heat: very sharp immediate heat I would say it is below orange hab heat but not by much. it is nearly completely gone within 90seconds of eating. really enjoyable heat. I like quick hitting peppers and this is surely one of those. it was actually shocking how fast and aggressive this burn was it was at full heat in seconds.

flavor: I couldn't catch much flavor but what I did catch was just a fresh tasting in the same range as bells but a little bit different.

applications: would be great in a fruity sauce or to make a spicy ceviche

worth growing: yes would be definitely worth growing. I like pubescens growth habits and the fact that this is an unusual variety being it is so small makes it that much better. I have seeds I started of this pepper already.

personal thoughts: this wasn't a spectacular pepper taste wise but I do enjoy the heat it provides. anyone that has any ideas to the correct identification of this pepper please let me know.

IMAG0443_zps5b8f2e98.jpg

IMAG0432_zps7743a0b8.jpg

IMAG0444_zps8f29871d.jpg

up next.... BLACK NAGA

IMAG0439_zps7ea17cf0.jpg

all look sold and not fresh stems is black and pepper looks like it as been on the shelf for 1 week...  

sure a "old" peppers dosent taste like a new picked pepper....    do yo ugrown them or you have them by postal service ?

name: black naga

heat: very disappointing heat it was hot but not as hot as expected it was a lower heat mouth burn like the way it burns. I wouldn't call it super hot maybe 750,000 shu if that?

flavor: quite good actually it was a deep smokey flavor not as good as the brown moruga but around the same flavor profile.

applications: would be great for any meat if made into powder or even a bbq sauce

worth growing: I would say no for me I don't like the pod variation im seeing but later on if somebody is able to fully stabilize and get a lock down on the pod variation I definitely look into getting it for the flavor.

personal thoughts: great taste not ridiculous heat but from what ive seen a lot of variance.

IMAG0438_zpsec5783f1.jpg

IMAG0447_zps81b24bcb.jpg

Hammerfall said:
all look sold and not fresh stems is black and pepper looks like it as been on the shelf for 1 week...  

sure a "old" peppers dosent taste like a new picked pepper....    do yo ugrown them or you have them by postal service ?
these were frozen I got shipped them to test to see if frozen pods would ship.

Nice reviews!
Can you tell by whom your naga black comes?
I'm growing a couple plants from seeds ive got in a trade, just curious if i will have similar results.

Cya

Datil

Datil said:
Nice reviews!
Can you tell by whom your naga black comes?
I'm growing a couple plants from seeds ive got in a trade, just curious if i will have similar results.

Cya

Datil
These were from pepperproblems pods via Nigel.
I will probably do another review of the black Naga because I might have burnt out my taste buds

NAME: WILD BRAZIL

HEAT: immediate heat attacking almost exclusively the tongue it is a stingy heat. it is great I would say probably around Serrano level maybe higher. the burn on this pepper is awesome for being so tiny. it lasts quite a while it lasts for about 3 to 4 minutes

FLAVOR: I didn't catch the  really strong citrus taste I have heard accompanies this. but it did taste kind of like the outside of a lemon

APPLICATIONS: the flavor and heat would make a lot of great stuff but being so small and seedy it would be tough to add to anything but this is a great snacking pepper. I could see topping these small peppers on a fish taco.

WORTH GROWING: absolutely worth growing. this pepper would make a great garden snacker. you can walk out grab one fresh and snack.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: this pepper is absolutely miniscule but it packs a punch this is probably top 5 favorites for me

IMAG0452_zpsab8a352a.jpg

IMAG0451_zps65950912.jpg

IMAG0450_zpsd25537ad.jpg

thank you stc3248 aka shane for these awesome peppers. more reviews from his peppers soon.

NAME: Brazilian starfish

HEAT: very low heat but a pleasing heat. it stayed in the middle of the tongue and spread nowhere else. lasted about 5min it peaked at 2 and the rest was a slow decent.

FLAVOR: this is a must try. this has dethroned my top tasting pepper (previously cumari pollux). this pepper reminds me of drinking a fruit punch. it was incredibly sweet and tropical.

APPLICATIONS: would make an excellent mango or fruity hot sauce. with the lower heat you will be able to use a higher ratio of pepper to get the natural flavor of this excellent pep.

WORTH GROWING: this is so good I may be growing 5+ plants but a minimum of 2

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: GET A BOX OF THESE!!!! pepperlover has them for a really great price and you wont regret it.

IMAG0508_zps3b647448.jpg

IMAG0507_zps19b652f1.jpg

IMAG0506_zps70ce9fb2.jpg

IMAG0505_zps79b59173.jpg

NAME: Yellow Trinidad scorpion moruga

HEAT: Very hot not the hottest but definitely up there attacking exclusively the tip of the tongue with an explosively quick heat. lasts only a short while before beginning to fade.

FLAVOR: Very floral like eating perfume not terrible but not exactly my favorite.

APPLICATIONS: would probably be bet in a powder mix

WORTH GROWING: I would say yes it would be good to grow wicked pods of decent size and no lack in heat.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: this pepper was a good heat I like powerful tongue burns but not my favorite flavor if you enjoy floral you need to try this.

IMAG0510-1_zps096c750b.jpg

IMAG0509-1_zps06c6cffb.jpg

IMAG0514-1_zps0e7e2427.jpg

once again judy grows some crazy pods go check out her site for amazing deals

Back