nightshade's written reviews

I will be reviewing a number of pods from my buddy captain capsaicin he grows some great stuff.

NAME: SEPIA SERPENT

HEAT: it hits the throat for a quick second and then transfers everywhere causes hiccups very quickly very aggressive burn with a crazy hit in your stomach definitely not something to mess with.

FLAVOR: I couldn't catch a real grasp for the flavor once the heat took over but from what I got it was perfumey

APPLICATIONS: probably would be best in powder because it is hot and has a beautiful color

WORTH GROWING: would definitely be worth growing for all those capsaicin junkies out there as it is ridiculously hot.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: This is an f4 I believe so it will show some pod variance but it truly does grow some crazy pods when the phenotype is correct. it has a wicked amount of placenta and oil.

IMAG0535_zps63273d09.jpg

IMAG0545_zpsd5174906.jpg

Silver Surfer really outdid himself when he created this gem. I find this pepper to be absolutely crippling. There's nothing like that "oh crap" feeling when you've pretty much reached your limit and the heat just keeps on growing and growing.

Fantastic review!

for this review I will give a little back story this is currently named "boogeyman" it is an f1 that came from seeds from an f1 giant yellow bhut. again it comes from captain capsaicin. the reasoning for calling it that is because it has a facial feature in the pod shape resembling a boogeyman which you can see in the pictures at the end of the review.

NAME: BOOGEYMAN (F1)

HEAT: very intense heat focusing a lot of power on the throat first time I tried this pepper a few days ago I underestimated and just took a bite thinking it was going to be medium heat well I was wrong and I had to spit the pod out as it tore my throat up and I couldn't swallow

FLAVOR: mild flavor not perfumey slight hint of sweetness I enjoy it a lot.

APPLICATIONS: it can be used for a lot because the pepper would absorb a lot of the flavor of any dish

WORTH GROWING: I am very impressed with this pepper so I decided to take on the challenge of stabilizing this pepper.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: This pepper has a very unique look and inside the placenta content is insane it takes up a good 65 to 70% of the pepper.

IMAG0533-1_zps68ccc705.jpg

IMAG0548_zps2d6b8191.jpg

IMAG0546_zpsbd3f660b.jpg

Captain Capsaicin said:
Silver Surfer really outdid himself when he created this gem. I find this pepper to be absolutely crippling. There's nothing like that "oh crap" feeling when you've pretty much reached your limit and the heat just keeps on growing and growing.

Fantastic review!

yea it did make me worry while eating it. it just doesn't stop it is a powerful variety.

Another awesome review! The strain is in very good hands and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing it eventually stabilized.

As an aside, I've only eaten these in food. This weekend I'm going to have to follow in your foot steps and eat a raw one.

Good luck this is very unique in exactly how vicious it is.
NAME: MORUGA BLEND OR BRAINSTRAIN

HEAT: A lot of heat focusing on the tongue like getting poked with a thousand needles and major stomach attack absolutely terrible.

FLAVOR: not fond of the perfume taste that accompanies it

APPLICATIONS: definitely a powder pep

WORTH GROWING: whether it is a moruga blend or brainstrain I think it would be worth growing

PERSONAL THOUGHTS: this pepper was a bad stomach pain variety I don't like stomach aches so this isn't my favorite

IMAG0537_zps7eaf34c7.jpg

IMAG0550_zpsd5a3354b.jpg

IMAG0549_zps27420b08.jpg

Excellent pics and a fantastic review. You really are compiling a terrific guide for those trying to figure out their 2014 grow list. If the list of peppers which you review becomes sufficiently comprehensive then perhaps the guide will become a sticky?

Back