• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds No Germination in 6 Days. Should I Be Worried?

I got seeds from a very repuatable dealer. Used the moist napkin in a ziploc bag method. Placed them in an upstairs drawer (dark) that sits right above my computer. So it's been hovering right around 80-85 degrees. There does not appear to be any seeds with sprouts thus far. It's been 6 days. Should I be worried?

No in fact worry never helps anything....some can take more than a month to germinate....I use soil to start mine and some I've gave up on and tossed to the side unattended have started out of sheer spite just to prove a point how I don't know everything....let nature takes its course no matter how slow that can be

I planted seeds on March seventeenth for my research project, and some of them are still coming up. This is three months, mind you. A good number of plants could already have grandkids by then.

I wouldn't worry at all there are a lot of variables involved with seed germination.I have to ask what varieties are in the ziplock?

Flinger said:
I got seeds from a very repuatable dealer. Used the moist napkin in a ziploc bag method. Placed them in an upstairs drawer (dark) that sits right above my computer. So it's been hovering right around 80-85 degrees. There does not appear to be any seeds with sprouts thus far. It's been 6 days. Should I be worried?
dont be worried most of mine in a Baggie paper towel with 10 percent ecovie sprouted in two weeks.

Be patient. They'll pop soon enough...Like robbyjoe said, let nature run her course. Heck, I don't even use a heat mat  and had 95%.

mpicante said:
I wouldn't worry at all there are a lot of variables involved with seed germination.I have to ask what varieties are in the ziplock?
A ton. Reapers, 7pods, butchs, brains, hot beads, etc. I can't remember them all, but I do have them labeled.

Flinger said:
A ton. Reapers, 7pods, butchs, brains, hot beads, etc. I can't remember them all, but I do have them labeled.
A TON!!!THATS A LOT OF SEEDS!!!GOOD LUCK ON YOUR GROW AND KEEP IT SPICY!!!

most my peppers always seem to take 10-14 days.Some of my chocolate habs and galapagoense take more like 25-40 days.YMMV

Good to hear I might still be in good shape on germination. Thanks all. I know I am getting started way late, but I decided to go ahead anyway because 1) I live in MS and it will be hot until mid November and 2) I will have alot better understanding next year on when I start the process all over again.

Back