• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Noobie with a small problem :S

Hey there,
New to growing hot peppers and have 4 growing atm. 3 Carolina Reapers and 1 Trinidad Scorpion in Ontario, Canada. I am having a problem with one Carolina Reaper. Photos below.... I've been fertilizing with Miraclegro Liquafeed once a week and watering 3-4 times a week sometimes less pending the rainfall. Haven't tested the soil but I have 3 other plants that don't seem to be having this problem. I've done some research and what I've come up with was that this is possibly happened as a result of bugs, so I've tried using a homemade insecticide (soap and water) for just over week and it doesn't seem to be improving and the bottom leaves are beginning to dry out a little. Sorry if this isn't enough info or I've posted this in the wrong spot. And thanks so much to anyone that can help. Have just found this site and can't wait to do some looking around and seeing others grows.

2YEA1J6.jpg

swNo8D3.jpg

IwNvc7X.jpg

82sBNuP.jpg

new growth looks healthy, i wouldn't be too concerned about it. 

you could only water every 4 days or so and fert every 2 weeks. maybe they don't like being so wet.

Thanks for the reply! Should I do anything about the brown/yellow wrinkly looking leaves? like prune or clip them? or would that be doing more harm then good?
Again thanks so much for your help!

I agree with Juanitos,  I wouldn't be to concerned as long as the new growth continues looking healthy.

a couple of my plants looked like that shortly after transplanting, but they bounced back with healthy new growth, and I eventually just pinched of those few bad looking leaves.
Those plants are now more bushy than the others  :P

i like to trim the bad looking leaves off, don't think it matters to much, if the plant doesn't like them it will drop them soon anyway.

Looks like the leaves got sun burnt a while back and the areas that got crisp are drying out, had the exact thing with a few of my plants and they are fine. Goodluck on your grow this year!

Back