• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Northen NJ peppers are growing

You guys down south and in Oz are lucky when it comes to pepper growing...

Anyhoo, here is my India Byadagi grown from seeds in a bag of dried peppers bought from the Indian market. These are not that hot but very tasty.

I have other byadagi plants but this one is the best one. You can see it's making some. They are long and curly.

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

These are Indian Sanam gotten from similar bags of dried peppers. Still not peppers but lots of flowers. These are hotter than the byadagi. They are longish but not as long or curly. These are two different plants. Again, I have others but these two have grown the largest.

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

Some of the super hots are looking a bit larger. Some of the Bhut Jolokia and Scorpions are looking okay. The 7 pots not as much but theya re still alive. I so hope that I get some super hots this summer.

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Habs are still looking ravaged but they are growing and some are showing signs of making some flower buds so who knows. I can buy habs at the market so no biggie but it would be nice to have some of my own. I have learned a lot this year so next year should be better, weather permitting.

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Cherry hots. what can I say? they seem to love this terrible NJ summer.

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

The one in the back there is another that is growing a nice cherry pepper.
IMG_2029.jpg

Sanam are sold as "dried chilis" for use in Indian cooking. They have some nice heat in them.

Dried they look like this.

dried-Red-Chilli.jpg

Glad to see you're still giving them hell Tom. I don't think I've seen one person endure so many set backs as you've had this year. I do admire your attitude though, not giving up and already thinking about your next opportunity.

Any chance you might try and keep a couple of them growing through the winter?

Best of luck to you man.

patrick said:
Glad to see you're still giving them hell Tom. I don't think I've seen one person endure so many set backs as you've had this year. I do admire your attitude though, not giving up and already thinking about your next opportunity.

Any chance you might try and keep a couple of them growing through the winter?

Best of luck to you man.

Thanks, man. I have learned a lot this year, so next time I know what to expect. If I don't get any of the super hots I am going to have to beg people for seeds again... :(

I guess that I shouldn't hope for too many since I still don't have a dehydrator. ;)

Back