• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not a Ghost Pepper...Red Savina Habanero maybe?

So I was all excited because three of my plants which have pods are finally starting to show some color...just a bit. I thought my Ghost Peppers were finally coming in! Then I looked up photos of ripe Ghost Peppers and saw that mine don't look like that at all. Possible I got the seeds mixed up between the Ghost Pepper and the Red Savinas? That's my best guess...what do you think?

Here's what I've got at the moment...
9g6f.jpg
tauc.jpg

Last update I guess...I'm just gonna call them Habaneros and leave it at that :)

First picture is one from my plant in the middle with Carribean Red Habaneros on either side.
Second pic is just to show some of the shades on the plant...sure is nice looking when they are all coming in like that...
fubi.jpg

q3za.jpg

It's amazing all of us that got taken by this same company! As you mentioned, it was for small change, which I assume is how this person manages to keep doing it so often, most people won't put in much effort over a few bucks I guess. In any case, I wanted Ghost Peppers like I ordered but I'm really enjoying the habaneros that grew as well...also tasty!

Because of seeds direct and their misrepresented seeds I joined here, and found a TON of information as well as got a lot of new seeds from multiple varieties for free! Some really great, helpful folks on here who I never would have come into contact with had it not been for these misrepresented seeds, so there was definitely a silver lining for me, and I hope the rest of you who got burned get some good out of it too!

Every time a holiday rolls around my family will send one of those Visa gift cards, which I usually use to buy a bunch of crap I dont need off of Amazon.

Well after growing out my "Trinidad Scorpion" from SeedsDirect it actually became kind of fun to see what they turned out to be. I guess I just like the mystery so I gathered up all of those cards with a few dollars left on them and ordered from every vendor selling "Trinidad Scorpion" seeds for under a dollar.

So far all of the seeds I have recieved have come from Singapore and are sealed in a foil package so I havent looked at them. Who knows what in the hell they sent me lol

If I were to guess I would say I'm gonna have quite a few bell peppers on my hands next spring tho lol

Whoever guessed reds...you're a winners!

Not orange, but very red. Here's a pic of some I picked tonight along with some thai's and some moruga scorpions in one corner and some devils tongue in the other. Surpirsed these outdoor plants are still producing but with this colder weather they are definitely slowing down.

20131028_184006-1.jpg

Every thing I have seen or even with the Order I got you should try THP member, Pepper Lover http://pepperlover.com/ she has lots of different seeds and haven't seen anyone say they got wrong seeds yet!! Bhut Jolokia Red Price (20 seeds): $6.00, and she tends to give you others so you get more then just 20 seeds Bhut Jolokia seeds you ordered!! There are other Great THP members you can get seeds from too!! THP Members are the best to get seeds from IMHO.

caribbean red's are amazing plants and a very hardy plant.

just cut back today 2 plants today, 1 plant still has a dozen pods ready to pick. my plants are 5 years old and i am always tempted to toss them and start fresh but these guys just keep delivering.

i classify the caribbean red as a keeper plant, something that you always have to have a spare pot for.  if you don't like the raw pod flavour, there is so much you can do with the pods: soups, casseroles, stir fries, just about anything...... or use it as an ornamental plant, knowing you can pick from the plant when needed.

Wish i had read this discussion before my seed direct order. Ordered "carolina reaper" .. got some kind of hab also. Will know soon as the color sets in which one. Oh well, thanks to thp i have various seeds from quality venders ready to roll

LordHill said:
Wish i had read this discussion before my seed direct order. Ordered "carolina reaper" .. got some kind of hab also. Will know soon as the color sets in which one. Oh well, thanks to thp i have various seeds from quality venders ready to roll
PM me, I've got some Carolina Reaper, OP, saved from pods I've bought, if you still need some.

I appreciate the offer Orekoc, but i have fixed the issue.. I think lol. I got seeds from pepperlover.com. i got seeds from puckerbutt.. and I dried seeds out of a few excellent looking reaper pods my buddy sent over. Have 27 Different pepper varietys from quality sources in my seed book now. Time to decide where to build the pepper garden. Thank god for country living

Those Caribbean Reds were delicious. It was a great plant that I'm happy I got to grow...just wasn't what I ordered. As I said before though, that brought me here, and this community really rocks...as shown above with once again an offer to help out another victim of seeds direct. So many helpful folks here...a pleasure to see.

HAHAHA It looks like no matter what Seeds Direct labels them as, you're going to get some Caribbean Red Habaneros! False advertising and spending months growing something other than what you planned sucks...but at least the Caribbean Reds are tasty!

Lesson for us all...don't buy from seeds direct!

Ezekiel said:
Those Caribbean Reds were delicious. It was a great plant that I'm happy I got to grow...just wasn't what I ordered. As I said before though, that brought me here, and this community really rocks...as shown above with once again an offer to help out another victim of seeds direct. So many helpful folks here...a pleasure to see.
I'm from the East Bay, lived there for 40 years. What city do you live in ?

Back