• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health Not another Whats wrong with my peppers thread!!!

Im sorry its true. First yr growing. Bhuts and brains. Everthing was going ok until today we had a surprise flash flood some areas got up to 6in of rain in only an hr. Lots of flooding. I was at work and was not able to bring my peppers inside. I came home and some of them dont look good. Hopefully they are only over watered but they are getting curly droopy and wrinkly. Have been giving Calmag for a few weeks. Just got a very low dose of MG and Calmag yesterday. 5gal pots MG moisture control soil. Leaves were not wrinkled until todays rain. Any thoughts?
?
pepper2.jpg

epper3.jpg

and a bonus pic of my really screwed up plant. This has been wrinkled for months even with calmag. I belive this grew like this from a shot of MG i gave it. The new growth is normal.
pepper1.jpg

+1 Geist
Make sure good air flow gets to the plants. If you want or need to take them inside for a few days and put a fan or two on them. They will recover quickly I'm sure

First off the leaves have some chemical burn. With a standard 5 gal utlity bucket I'd recommend 12 one inch drain holes. With an inch of drain material on the bottom under the soil medium. You can use burlap with pea gravel, stroform shipping peanuts, cedar wood chips...
If the bucket is placed ontop of solid surface such as the lawn, pavers, decking, solid balconey surface.....you'll need extra drainage material in the bottom of the container. Your plants need to dry out. I'd back off the cal product......I use a sparing amount of it occasionally to prevent blossom end rot otherwise the plants receive enough through the rain and the Osmocote that I scatter untop of the soil every 2 weeks...
Good luck with the plants the new growth looks good

Greg

Back