• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

not chocolate lava

got some seeds from super hot ( j.c.) last year and some were chocolate lava , but as you see they aren't chocolate . not quite sure what they are . sent him a message ,hoping he can help me out .  but anybody out there have a guess ? 
IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0741-2.JPG

Very interesting. I have one plant marked TS Yellow Moruga doing the same thing. Looks identical. Not even close to the Yellow Morugas I have grown.    Let me know what you think they are turning into. I will no more once mine mature and I taste. 

SL3 said:
Very interesting. I have one plant marked TS Yellow Moruga doing the same thing. Looks identical. Not even close to the Yellow Morugas I have grown.    Let me know what you think they are turning into. I will no more once mine mature and I taste. 
i just picked a smaller red pod took a nip it has a little sweet but a good bite to it . kinda like it ! be great for cooking . hope   j.c. gets back with me on this one . 

moruga welder said:
i just picked a smaller red pod took a nip it has a little sweet but a good bite to it . kinda like it ! be great for cooking . hope   j.c. gets back with me on this one . 
only 4 seeds in this pod 

nearday said:
They look like tobago seasoning to me.
i believe your right on . i just checked out the tobago info. and a you tube and i believe thats it . its a heirloom . sweet nice little heat . a great cooking pepper , maybe one or 2 every year . been looking for a strain that is flavor little burn great in dishes pepper . this may be it . 2 plants a year . will save some seed .

Yes, Tobago would be a good guess. I grew several last year, and may have had a seed or two get misplaced. Sometimes when you de-seed and you have several bowls or plates out of seed you get that occasional pop fly, but you never see where it landed. You wonder how long before it shows up in one of your grows. I think this is the case for me.  :D

don't know now , talked the wife into trying a bite of one , said it was sweet with a hint of heat . tobaga is suppose to be 500 sch. i picked a bigger pod give her a small bite off the bottom no seeds . she hacked , hiccuped , gagged ! went for milk and called me everything but ! lol i tried a bite had to admit quite a bit hotter than 500 sch. pretty damn hot ! 

cloudhand said:
Those look very good. What's the flavor like?

A bhut cross maybe?
the first pod ( littler ) bottom first it had a sweet flavor , than some heat . made mama hiccup, cough ,gag, run for milk , and call me everything under the sun .  the 2nd. and bigger pods much hotter .

SL3 said:
Yep, mine turned out a lot hotter than Tobago Seasoning too. Maybe a Moruga cross of some sorts. 

look on pepperlovers.com you'll see the exact pepper . red and yellow Tobago Scotch Bonnets . from what i see and read this very well may be them . but thats cool with me ! need a little mild in my life ! lol

Reactions: SL3
Back