• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Not Giving up!

I will be to the point I lost all my hot peppers. Due to pets ether stomping or knocking over pots etc. I am just bummed about the whole thing. My bells are ok but they are the only peppers in the garden.Gonna try an emergency replant to grow inside during the winter when I can get new seeds. It will only be a few plants.As I wont be able to have to big a set up for lighting. I know I can get advice from you guys on indoor growing.

Kevin

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck going indoors- might as well start planting or sowing now. Got a big south-facing window by any chance?

boutros said:
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck going indoors- might as well start planting or sowing now. Got a big south-facing window by any chance?

Yeah and I have some florescent lighting too. Room is well lit by sun and florescent lights. I have some jalapeno and poblano seeds coming from a friend on another forum. May be getting some others and one friend has some bhuts in the works.

Kevin

the first advise is to keep the dam pets away from your plants . dont plant too many if you dont have enough room or supplies. dont over water the plants if they are indoor its easier to deal with the over waterd plants if they are out but if they are indoor and over watered its might kill them.main thing for indoor plant is enough light and enough heat(worm) to keep them alive and growing.when you take em out after winter make sure its not too could and if they are big dont put them in direct sun they will get burned. i wish you agood luck and let me know what seeds you looking for if i have them i will send you some
good luck and DONT ignore them again and kick the dog`s ass befor they kick your plants lolol ; )

PepperLover said:
the first advise is to keep the dam pets away from your plants . dont plant too many if you dont have enough room or supplies. dont over water the plants if they are indoor its easier to deal with the over waterd plants if they are out but if they are indoor and over watered its might kill them.main thing for indoor plant is enough light and enough heat(worm) to keep them alive and growing.when you take em out after winter make sure its not too could and if they are big dont put them in direct sun they will get burned. i wish you agood luck and let me know what seeds you looking for if i have them i will send you some
good luck and DONT ignore them again and kick the dog`s ass befor they kick your plants lolol ; )

Well a good deal of this was cuz my sisters kids decided to open the plant room door more than once and shut one of the dogs in it. Then the door leading to the back porch area was left open(kids again) and then at least one of the cats got shut in.Just was not my year for my hot peppers. I swear I will put a pad lock and an alarm on the plant room doors.

Kevin

PrairieChilihead said:
Sorry to hear about your loss kevin. I'll be happy to help you out with some seeds if you need some. Let me know.

Dude I will too! Let me know what you would like and I'll see if I got it! I have like over 100 diff. kinds!;)

Sorry about your luck klorentz.

I've got some seeds to add to the pot, anything in particular you're looking for?

Thanks guys! I will fix up a list on what I need.For the winter planting I should have a 10 most wanted five of them are coming. Jalapeno and Serrano,Poblano and perhaps Orange or Red Habanero. Jalapeno and Serrano have been my two mainstay hot peppers. The flavor like other home grown veggies is way better than the store bought. Poblano and Habanero I started growing two years ago.And last year we grew a few Cayenne.

Kevin

klorentz said:
Thanks guys! I will fix up a list on what I need.For the winter planting I should have a 10 most wanted five of them are coming. Jalapeno and Serrano,Poblano and perhaps Orange or Red Habanero. Jalapeno and Serrano have been my two mainstay hot peppers. The flavor like other home grown veggies is way better than the store bought. Poblano and Habanero I started growing two years ago.And last year we grew a few Cayenne.

Kevin

I've got lots of all of those! If you need!

Sorry to hear of your rug rat infestation. Constant supervision is the only know remedy. ;)

I have some Ancho/Poblano seeds and others you might like.

Silver_Surfer said:
Sorry to hear of your rug rat infestation. Constant supervision is the only know remedy. ;)

locks work well too (especially if you are the only one with a key)

AlabamaJack said:
locks work well too (especially if you are the only one with a key)

Sorry to hear abouth your loss I had bad two years on the row but still manage to buy some plants & replace most of it, my survive 1/3 of all plants I start in January.
:(

Kevin,

I can remember your pain. A couple of years ago, I brought most of my plants downstairs to sit in a window that got a great deal of sunlight. The table was full of them. During the night a cat or three found them and the next morning over half of them was nothing but stems, with larges amounts of cat puke around the house.

But hey, I just sowed a bunch of tomato and a few lettuce seeds! The plants will just be harder (and more expensive!) to grow than those already in the garden for six weeks.

Mike

Well I have most of my 10 most wanted covered but still need

Aji Yellow

Red Habanero

Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet

My niece is a big hot pepper fan and wants to be able to grow several different peppers next year.Including bhuts.We just may have these for next season from a friend.

Kevin

PepperLover said:

Tell me about keeping the pets away from the plants! As for how many plants I am shooting for just ten for the winter growing and save the rest of my seeds for 2010. Hope to make some changes to the plant room in time. I may be able to sneak a dwarf tomato called Al-Kuffa(originated in Iraq) so I can have a few winter maters. I am also eying Fatalii as a pepper of interest.

Kevin

Back