event Not Hot but we did win some awards !!!

Well time for Walkerton Little Royal Fall Fair and we entered in a few things not expecting much ( now none of this is hot stuff as it is just a fall fair ) BUT , we won 1st place for our zesty zucchinni relish , we won second for our apple sauce , we won 1st place with our green peppers , we won 2nd and 3rd with our red peppers , we won 1st with our apples 2nd with our maple syrup . Not too bad but we are really looking for hot sauce competitions and hot relish and so on , if anyone knows of any of these type events cooking off in ontario , well then any info would be greatly appreciated !
pokeyt

Congratulations!! That's so exciting.

So, tell us about the green and red pepper entries, was that a relish, too? What peppers did you use? And how did you make your zucchini relish zesty?

I hope you won a pick-up to bring all the hardware home! Congrats, way to slap around the other Walkerton foodies!!!

The green (sweet) peppers were called "king arthur" purchased @ a farmers market so who knows what they are actually :think: ( these plants consistantly yielded 1 pound and larger peppers ) the red peppers were called scarlet king ( ordered seeds from the "stokes seeds catalogue" )also sweet , these where both presented as a fresh picked pepper ( you needed 3 of each that looked fairly similar ). as for the zest in the relish we just added 2 or 3 hab pods :think: Oh yeah and we also entered our son in "most unusual vegetable" with a "white king" sweet pepper that is 1-1/4 pound and grew really funny and he got 1st on that . I would have posted a few pics , but i think i took too high of pixel pics as when i try the pics are too large :think:
cya gotta make a cpl hot jellies b4 the wife gets home and seen i have done nuttin hehehe
We had a good time but dont get to collect our stuff until sunday .

Back