• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Not sure if i need help....

So ive been growing my first ghost pepper plant for a while now. I started indoors over winter and put it outside (georgia) around May. Its been growing wonderfully, but i have yet to see anything in the way of pods or peppers. I water regularly when there arent storms, it gets lots of sun, i used fox farms soil. The soil is slightly ph basic. Am i just being too anxious, or am i doing something wrong?
845db5eba8fda5231ce4e0a27c3e7255.jpg
cef4d725b897d37f91118115e76c293b.jpg
15e1cb9ddc5f46034a3efa2ddb058c7d.jpg

Keep calm and carry

I've been seeing flowers for half a month now on a few of my more advanced plants but I'm only just starting to get fruit. Supers develop slower and I don't really know what the weather has been like for you but it's been a poor year in england.
That said, don't you want a more acidic soil for chillies?

it's been a typical Georgia summer here. In the 90's, lots of sun, some storms. I watch it and water every 2 days or so if there aren't any rainstorms.

Just wait,plants grow on "plant time"
The plant isnt big enough to support alot of pods at this stage anyway
You can hit it with a half dilute of Mircle grow tomato and it will pop a few nodes pretty quick
Try for a big thick stalk heavy frame,the pods will come

kind of surprised your not getting pods by now , when did you start them ?  I started mine in feb. and planted out may 18th. and illinois weather , and been picking peach Bhuts for a couple of weeks . not tons yet but some to get by . heres part of one plant ,
HPIM2587.JPG

I honestly saw a few nodes starting to probably form into flows within the next 4 days so your almost there. I started my ghost in ground on May 21st I believe and it's going nuts. Check my blog if you want to see pics of it. I've probably got as of today 6-12 pods in various stages. When I put my ghost in the garden it may have been about 5-6 inches tall and I believe now it is at about a foot and 4 inches. They grow on the I'll do what I want schedule. Also one other question is have you used any calmag at all or Fertalizer at all? I see the jobe's in the background but didn't know if you used that on the plant.

Everything looks fine to me. They usually flower for a few weeks before setting fruit, and they do that whenever they feel like it.
Phil said:
Judging by your profile pic, you need help. Judging by your plant, you're doing just fine. lol! I kid, I kid!
We all know you don't.

The hat is correct, but you also need a Ouija Board to grow Ghosts... jK

They look fine and take time.   Low and spreading now...next go round you won't know what to do with all dem Ghosts

Plants look fine.  Sometimes mother nature lines everything up for a good early harvest, sometimes not.  Heat has a great amount of influence, can cause all your flowers to drop before you notice you have them.  Too much rain can stunt things as if you took days away from the grow.  Have faith, they will come soon.

Thanks for the advice guys. I cant wait to start showing off my ghosts. As for the hat, anyone who is a fan of Firefly or Serenity should recognize it. I'll see about the tomato food since i have some.

Keep calm and carry

Back