• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
something like "chocolate, brussel sprouts and oysters"? :sick:

That could be an interesting idea. Have to choose ingredients that are commonly available to everyone.

Funny, FryPops is being kinda quiet through all of this discussion. :)

Geez. My hat is off to THP. You have to go through this EVERY MONTH??????
I'm already overwhelmed, but I've got some good ideas. I appreciate the banter, and I will take it into consideration.
I like everything I've heard so far.
Might mix them all into one crazy throwdown.
Might bust out pumpkins.
Might set a $$$ price limit, with proof of life being a closeup of a grocery store receipt (I.E. what can you do with $10).
Candy will be cheap in november. Stores will be blowing out the halloween stuff...perhaps candy in savory entrees.
Maybe a "My Best Dish" throwdown.
So many ideas!!!

Geez. My hat is off to THP. You have to go through this EVERY MONTH??????
I'm already overwhelmed, but I've got some good ideas. I appreciate the banter, and I will take it into consideration.
I like everything I've heard so far.
Might mix them all into one crazy throwdown.
Might bust out pumpkins.
Might set a $$$ price limit, with proof of life being a closeup of a grocery store receipt (I.E. what can you do with $10).
Candy will be cheap in november. Stores will be blowing out the halloween stuff...perhaps candy in savory entrees.
Maybe a "My Best Dish" throwdown.
So many ideas!!!

No pressure....;)

FD4-

I like the $$ idea also! You have some time to think about it, just so long as we know by Monday! :lol: JustKidding~ :D

FD4-

I like the $$ idea also! You have some time to think about it, just so long as we know by Monday! :lol: JustKidding~ :D

If you ask me (and you didn't!) that simply leaves way too broad a base for a throwdown. If the limit is $10.....how do you judge a steak against 50 pounds of ramen noodles?......or a really good pie against an awesome chilidog?

Just my opinion...;)

WickMo, FryDad's man-batter second-in-command needs a recipe book for ramen noodles!?!? :rofl:

not a recipe book for ramen, but more like a book on the ART of ramen... ramen is not to be trifled with it can be dangerous in the wrong hands for the mere cost of .13 cents and the addition of another $1 or $2 of ingredients it can become quite potent.

empty your mind, be shapeless be formless like ramen...you pour ramen into a bowl... it becomes the bowl, you pour ramen into a cup... it becomes the cup, ramen can flow.. and ramen can crash! ...be ramen my friend.....

There is an absolute universe out there for the possibilities with ramen or other packaged oriental noodle dishes, but I fear they will not cut the grade here for a TD. :(

...you pour ramen into a cup... it becomes the cup, ramen can flow..

FryDad4 said:
I would use a different bowl for your pico. It looks like an athletic "cup".
On second thought, it's perfect. I might serve my next drunken chef in a "cup" (it would be an enormous serving, enough to feed several people).

That what you're thinking of, WickMo???

There is an absolute universe out there for the possibilities with ramen or other packaged oriental noodle dishes, but I fear they will not cut the grade here for a TD. :(

Perhaps in the hands of mere mortals or dabblers in the art of ramen , but in the hands of a ramen master greatness can be achieved .. ramen could do more then cut the grade it could cause the universe itself to implode :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back