• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I screwed up on the timing and didn't get my finished pics in, must be old age and not comprehending the instructions.

first throw-down. not sure how its don't i wanna get in on this. can you guys educate me ?

1st weekend of every month we cook with hot Chilli's the rules are put up at the friday night launch, keep watching this thread to get the main theme and get ready to battle it out to the death LOL.

The last rules looked like this....

You can either base your dish on your custom waffle or create a new dish using a plain waffle. It may be simple or elaborate, sweet or savory.

Examples:
a) If making your own waffle you could make a cornbread waffle with jalapenos and top with pulled pork.
b) If using a pre-made waffle you could create a dish like chicken and waffles but think of something unique.

Rules:
1. You must use a hot pepper ingredient in the recipe.
2. You may make your own waffle (anything goes) or use a pre-made (plain only; no flavors or non-traditional grains).
3. List your ingredients and cooking methods. If using a pre-made waffle, list it as plain waffle.
4. If you make your own waffle it must retain the traditional waffle pattern, but the shape may be altered.
5. The waffle must be kept whole, no deconstructing.
6. This is all about the waffle. Nothing on the side will be judged so do not include. It must be inside, on top, or underneath.
6. Proof of life = .10 in teaser or final pic (teaser preferred).
7. Your entry must be posted by Sunday at 9pm ET.
8. Teaser pics are allowed. ONE final post with entry name, presentation picture, ingredients, and cooking methods is required.

Good luck! No waffling, go for it,

Only don't watch this thread specifically, but go to the home page and watch the Throwdown forum. There are two sections to look at - the upper Throwdown Discussion link (larger text) is generally for pre-Throwdown discussion, such as gathering ideas for what the next dish should be, and just maybe a bit of smacktalk. The lower Throwdown link (smaller text) takes you to the official threads, which include the actual comp thread and, if separate, the voting thread. The December TD will probably kick off on 12/3 and end some time 12/5. If a holiday occurs around a TD weekend, THP may give an extra day - he'll spell it out in the rules when he posts them.

You know, TD's are kind of like sex - need some recovery time before even thinking about trying again..... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back