• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Numex Joe E. Parker ?

First year for Joe E., six plants. Also have sahuaro, anaheim tmr, and 6-4. Wanted to try Joe E. because supposedly they are THE mild numex variety and the 65 day grow sounded good. So far, less than impressed! They are less than half the plant size of the others, no flowering while the others are throwing out pods like crazy (almost ready to pick some green ones). All were started from seed, planted in the ground on the same day, and are in adjacent rows in the garden. Also, it has been an excellent pepper growing season here in s. e. MI with hot temps. (relatvely speaking for this area).

Will you numex fans shed some light on growing this variety, plant size, experiences, etc. If things do not improve dramatically, these may be a "one and done" type. TIA.

I have grown the Joe E. Parker for one or two seasons (none currently in the ground). Mine were fairly productive, normal sized plants. and the pods were mild. I started them indoors in February vs. planting them directly in the ground. I think the 65-day grow means after transplanting, so add 3-6 weeks to that before expecting much production from them.

I find that most Numex/Anaheim types do not do very well in my climate and/or growing conditions, but the The Joe E parker was likely the worst. Hybrids like big chile and sahuaro always seem much more productive for me. This year I focused on Sahuaros and they are doing very well once again

Back