• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Nursery Salvage

JSKaiser

Banned
Hey guys. I found this little guy at a nursery and it was labeled bell pepper and was scorched by the sun and had been eaten on by who knows what. It managed to hold on to one fruit, and a few flowers. I think it is a kind of habanero. About 99% sure. Could be wrong. Will be potting him up soon. Any thoughts??

Salvage004.jpg

Salvage005.jpg

I'm not sure what it is but definitely doesnt look like a bell pepper to me. I'm sure it will be a happy plant after spreading its roots.

It is a very depressing little plant. He almost looks like my Jamaican's pods when they were younger. Certainly has habanero qualities about him. Hard to tell from all the damage though. But he'll pull through!

Could be a bell - the shoulders on it look like it -- With that plant being beat up like it is the pepper would be lucky to look like Quasimodo with some cigarette burns

A closeup of the flowers would help a lot with the ID. I wouldn't expect a plant that was stressed that baldy to produce a normally shaped pod.

Ill get some pics of the flowers up soon. Im hoping it will ripen. There really hasnt been a whole lot of progress besides that fact it went form green to yellow, and is now sproutin little leaves out everywhere. It likes the t5s.

i'm with luckydog with this, might be best for the plant as a whole to take off the fruit to get the plant to producing more foliage then once it's recovered it'll produce great for ya.

Back