• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Nut Butters

Made some Cashew Nut Butter yesterday, no words can describe the heavenly taste lol.
Basically very nice super marzipan. Stuff in the stores if you can find it has oil added so thin.
Use it to coat chocolate or shortbread :D
Still need to find a motor to rig the grinder, hard on the arms lol.

KqyqkG3.jpg

I am seriously having an extremely hard time not linking Goliath to this thread..but I shall restrain myself.

But seriously though that looks disgustingly yummy. How dare you make me so hungry  :shame:

My wife is gonna hate me when I show her this and "suggest" she should make it

Scoville DeVille said:
At least you're honest and said "she" should make it.

I'm always like, "hey honey! maybe 'we' should make this".

She knows damm well what "we" means. :rofl: :rofl:

No your absolutely right...like my culinary skills are not good..actually they are terrible to be quite honest so I can't hide behind the "we" smoke screen ever. But I do all the cleaning which makes up for it alittle anyways.

I sometimes just avoid showing her food threads from peoples here and esp yours in general. I get the "well you make it then" type lines so I found it better to just not poke the bear lately.

dragonsfire said:
lol
Reminds me I got call last night from lady that I gave a bar to, she had a hard time stoping to eat it and probably would not last the night lol.
Chocolate fruit bar I made with the cashew butter on top coating.
that sounds delicious! :drooling:

your cashew butter sounds really good. my wife and i like marzipan so i know i would like the cashew butter. you mention shortbread. do you hake it yourself? got a killer recipe? if so, care to share? happy new year!

edit hake is make.  :cheers:

There's a company called Krema here in town, they have many nut products including a peanut butter with hot pepper in it -  the only place I've ever seen that.

The stuff has a low-to-moderate heat. It is THICK with some oil separation. It takes effort to stir it in.

Back